TharnType: Chapter 5

Type woke up to feel the same warmth spreading through his body, like there was a roaring fire burning in the chimney next to him on a cold winter morning. He slowly opened his eyes to see Tharn's sleeping form, holding him in his arms and he smiled at how beautiful he looked with his tousled hair. 

Tharn was finally his, as much as he was Tharn's. It reminded him of the day he woke up in the same position next to Tharn that day after the housewarming party. He had been really freaked out by how comfortable and right it had felt. Just like it did a moment ago. He felt glad that he finally accepted his feelings because he would kill to wake up to him everyday for the rest of their lives. 

They had been dating for 4 months and every new day seemed better than the last. It didn't take them long to get comfortable with each other as a couple because they had waited for each other too long. 

-

"Where do we move the drawer?" Tharn asked looking around the room to find the space to place the furniture. 

"Let's put it between the desks," Type said pointing to the opposite wall.

Tharn nodded and they carried the drawer to the opposite wall and pushed it between their desks. They walked back to the beds and Type picked up the portrait he made of Tharn and started walking towards the new location of the drawer. Tharn seeing him, grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Where do you think you're taking that?" Tharn asked playfully. 

"To put it on top of the drawer?" Type said as he looked at him confused. 

"Oh, no, you don't. This is going to stay in the same place it has always been," he said, snatching the portrait from Type's hands.

"How is that going to happen? We moved the drawer, remember?" Type said.

"Yeah, it's a frame. It can be hung on the wall. See," he said turning it over to show Type the hole behind the frame for hanging it up. 

"Oh, yeah…" Type said, slowly starting to register what that would mean. 

"Wait! So this is going to be the focal point of the room?!" He half-screamed, horrified at the implication.

"Yeah, but it always has been. It's going to stay in the same place," Tharn said smiling at Type's ridiculous question.

"But I could hide it with the bag of snacks before! How am I going to do that if it's hung on the wall?" Type said looking even more horrified. 

"You just let it hang there in full view. It deserves to be displayed. This is my favourite drawing in the world anyway," Tharn said chuckling at Type's horrified expression.

"No! I'll have to look at it all the time. I can't do that! I've made you look like a half-breed. I can't even look at it too long without cringing at my artistic skills. Why can't we just place it on the drawer?" Type said whining. Tharn just chuckled at how cute he looked and pecked him on the lips at which Type widened his eyes in surprise.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"For being the cutest thing I have ever laid eyes on," Tharn said as he walked to the kitchen to take out the drill and a screw. 

Type just stood motionless trying to register Tharn's words. He couldn't believe that Tharn thought he was cute. He couldn't understand what about him seemed cute to Tharn because he felt like the most awkward human being to exist on the planet. 

"What?" Type asked as Tharn was hanging up the portrait on the newly drilled screw. 

"Hmm?" Tharn asked as he turned around to look at Type, having long forgotten what he had said.