Type: Chapter 24

I dragged him across the house full of people who stared at us as I pushed past them to get to the door. I didn't care much about their stares and whispers because I just needed to get Tharn as far away from that boy as possible. 

I had lost sensation of my surroundings and time. I suddenly came to when I felt a jerk behind me, stopping me from moving forward. I turned around to look at Tharn with crazed eyes. I could see the confusion written on his face as he held on to my hand to stop me from dragging him away any further. 

"What's wrong, Type? Did something happen at the party? Did some guy hit on you again?" He asked, looking very worried.

I scowled at him as I thought about how the hand he was holding onto me with was moments ago wrapped around another guy and it made anger flare up inside me. 

I just stared at his hand thinking about how I could remove the imprint of that boy from it so I didn't have to think about that image every time I saw it. 

I felt Tharn letting go of my hand and I looked up at him confused as I held on to it tightly. I wasn't going to let him run back to that boy. 

"Do you want to leave?" He asked as I just kept staring at his hand. He had stopped trying to pull it away from my grasp.

"Talk to me, Type! What happened? You're scaring me," Tharn said, moving closer to me, still not letting go of my hand. 

I suddenly felt the shock of the moment wear off. I was standing in the middle of the street with Tharn, his hand in mine as his eyes searched my face. 

It was now or never. I realised that I had to tell him about the thing that had been plaguing my mind for weeks on end. I felt I had to let it out because I knew that I would go crazy if I didn't. Just like I had when I dragged him out to where we were standing. 

I realised that I had to tell him because I never held anything back from him. This was the one thing I hadn't told him and it was driving me crazy. I had never imagined that I'd find myself in such a predicament. 

I knew that I could lose him forever, but I couldn't hold it in anymore. I was past the point of sanity. I could feel inside me that I might end up doing something a lot worse if I kept my feelings hidden from him any longer. 

"Typ…"

"I like you!" I said as I brought my gaze up to look him in the eye. 

Tharn's eyes opened wider than I had ever seen, with utter shock written on his face. I could feel the rejection coming from miles away but I had already dug my hole. 

"Yeah, I like you too, Type. We're best friends, right?" He said and my heart sank. I knew that I had to clarify what I meant to him. I couldn't take the escape route he had handed me. I had to be honest with him.

"No, Tharn. You don't understand. I like you. I like you like I want you to be the first person I see when I open my eyes every morning and the last person I see before I close them. I like you like I want you to look at me and nobody else. I want your gaze to belong to me. I want your face to belong to me. I want this arm to belong to me. I want you to belong to me. 

I realised it a few weeks ago and I've been utterly messed up ever since. I have had feelings for you for a very long time but I only realised it that night at the club. That's why I wanted to leave. Not because I was freaked out because a man hit on me but because I got slapped in the face by the fact that I had feelings for you.

I couldn't believe it at first so I decided to start seeing someone else. That's why I went on the date with Puifai. The reason she didn't want to see me again was because she figured out that I had feelings for you. It wasn't difficult for her to connect the dots because all I did with her was talk about you.