Milk

“No problem Nat, but did she like what you got her?” Wanda asked.

“We only got through one bag, because she got emotional and then wanted to eat,then attempted to breastfeed and fell asleep.” Nat said.

“Ah okay well good night Nat see you in the morning.” Wanda said, walking towards the door.

“Night Wands thanks for the help.” Nat said, as Wanda walked out the room. Nat looked down at the sleeping baby in her arms and was glad she found her by the bakery and took her in. Emma started to stir in her sleep before sitting up, she rubbed the sleep out her eyes and looked up at Nat who was staring at her.
“Hey babygirl.” Nat said quietly.

“Hi mama.” Emma said, sleepily, slightly whining.

“What’s wrong baby?” Nat asked.

“Tummy ‘urt.” Emma said,
holding her tummy.

“Aww it’s okay bubs, but we’re
gonna head downstairs okay baby.” Nat said, picking Emma up and bringing her downstairs. When they got to the bottom of the staircase everyone looked over frightening Emma, Emma turned her face and hid in the crook of Nat’s neck. Nat glared at the team before continuing into the living room. Nat went over to where Wanda was sitting and sat next to her, Wanda looked over and smiled at Nat.

“Hey babygirl look who it is.” Nat whispered to Emma. Emma looked over and saw Wanda watching TV, so she climbed off Nat’s lap and climbed into Wanda’s.

“Wan’a.” Emma said. Wanda looked at the girl and smiled before kissing her head.

“Hey sweetheart, how was your nap?” Wanda asked, quietly.

“Good.” Emma said, resting her head on Wanda’s chest. Wanda stroked the young girl’s hair lulling her to sleep. Nat smiled at the interaction before heading to the kitchen to get some food. Nat made herself some food and returned back to the living room to eat her food. When Nat finished her food she brought her place to the kitchen, and headed to the living room once again but instead of sitting she carefully lifted Emma from Wanda’s lap and walked upstairs with her. Nat opened her door and went over to her bed, laying Emma down before heading into one of the bags and pulled out a onesie to place Emma in. Nat changed Emma and placed her in a pull-up before laying in bed with Emma on her chest, Emma nuzzled her face into the crook of Nat’s neck causing Nat to let out a slight laugh. Nat eventually fell asleep humming a toon quietly. Around midnight Nat was awoken by Emma soft cries and small wet spots forming on her shirt, Nat instantly sat up and cradled Emma before speaking lightly.

“Emma, baby what’s wrong?” Nat asked.

“Hung’y mama.” Emma said.

“Alright babygirl lets go get some food. Milk?” Nat asked, while picking Emma up.

“Vyea ‘ilk.” Emma said, cheerfully.