Chapter 2 - Where is That Idiot?

A/N- Thanks to the one person who has read my story! You don't know how happy I was seeing even just one person took the time to read my story. Here is the second chapter!

Disclaimer- I do not own Merlin

-----

Arthur's POV

I headed towards my chambers after the council meeting, expecting to be greeted by one of Merlin's goofy grins. "Merlin have you finished everything I have asked you to do?" I ask as I push open the double doors that lead to my chambers. The room was empty. It was cleaned, and the sheets have been changed but Merlin was no where to be seen. I raise an eyebrow at the empty room. Merlin should be here by now. I sigh and begin my search for the idiot manservant. When I find that dollophead I'm going to make him muck out the stables.

-----

I arrived at Gaius's chambers after searching the armoury and palace kitchens. I suddenly burst through the door, startling the old man inside.

Gaius turns around with a puzzled expression on his face. "Sire, what seems to be the problem?" He asks, quirking up an eyebrow.

"Where's Merlin?"

"I thought he was with you."

"Well clearly he is not. Do you have any idea where he could be?"

"No, I'm afraid not."

I give an exasperated groan as I begin pacing around the room, thinking of places Merlin could be. "That's it!" I snap, "he's in the tavern again isn't he?"

"I don't-"

"No need to worry Gaius. I'll make sure I give him a suitable punishment." I sprint out of the room toward the Rising Sun tavern.

-----

It seems he wasn't in the tavern after all. I wander about in the lower town of Camelot, thinking of any other places Merlin might be.

What did I tell him to do this morning? I told him to polish my armour, change the sheets, and wash my clothes. He wasn't in my chambers, the kitchen, or the armoury. I was beginning to worry until I remembered about the hunting trip. "Ah yes, the stables! That's where he must be!" I exclaim aloud, startling a couple of villagers.

I dash off towards the stables, feeling more then a little excited about seeing Merlin's smiling face again.

----

I arrive at the stables with a look of disappointment. Merlin's not here. All the supplies were strapped on the horses, so he must have been here. I examine the area, thinking he may have fallen asleep once again. That's when I spotted the satchel on the floor by one of the horses. I walk over hesitantly, slowly kneeling down to pick up the bag. It belonged to Merlin. Maybe it fell off the horse? I knew that wasn't true, even before I saw the small specks of blood on the bag.

My eyes widened. No...it can't be Merlin's. Why would someone attack him? I start to panic. My heart hammered in my chest, thinking of all the terrible things that could be happening to him. My knuckles paled as my grip tightened on the satchel. I raced out of the stables, heading towards the citadel. Nobody hurts my manservant. Nobody hurts my Merlin.

-----

A/N- Wow I didn't think I would finish the second chapter this quickly. 0.0 Well I'm sorry if it's short. I'll make sure to get back to Merlin's POV in the next chapter. ^.^ Thanks again for reading and please leave me some feedback!