7 - Philosopher

Začít od začátku

I pick up my phone and press Miles's name but the call goes straight to voicemail making me groan out loud.

Where is he? Why isn't he back yet?

Ugh, I just have to wait for him.

I used to be such a nerd in highschool but I wasn't a shy nerd either. I used to read smut, pretty fun if you ask me, my vocabulary is at its finest because of it.

I used to buy the ones with the most discreet cover and they're probably in the basement somewhere in the boxes I put before moving away, I mean it's not like I was gonna carry around my smut collection when all of that crazy shit was happening.

"Huh, pretty girl ain't so pretty anymore"

I froze in place, I didn't even breathe as the memory came back to me and I felt my skin turn even colder. I don't know how that's even possible.

If I just fought back, or I don't know if I followed Ryan out of the room and never stayed alone, all of this would've been different. I wouldn't have been such a mess, maybe my dad would be here and I would be laying on Ryan's chest now as we counted the stars like we used to.

I hear the door closing and spot Miles entering as he shoots me a glance when he sees me on the floor.

"What's up? Why are you sitting on the floor, in the dark?" he asks me and I ignore his questions.

I pick the skin around one of my nails, "Do you remember my 12th birthday?"

He nods, sitting down beside me, putting his head on my shoulder.

I lean my head onto his leaning on my shoulder, "Do you remember how bitchy I was because dad bought the wrong doll as my present" I ask him and feel him nod.

"You made a pretty big deal and I saw that you were making dad sad" he continued and I chuckled.

"And you lured me outside and threw a rock at my head because I was being dumb and ungrateful" I tell him and he chuckles.

"Dad was pretty sad about buying the wrong doll and you were breaking his heart" he tells me and I stay quiet, remembering how bad dad felt that day.

"You know, that day I learned that age ain't shit because even though I'm older than you, you were always the more mature one and you proved it that day - I don't know how I could act like that towards him."

Miles puts his hand on mine giving it a squeeze, "Stop this, why are you bringing up the bad stuff? I know what you're trying to do." he tells me and I stay quiet.

"You're not a bad daughter and you've never been a bad daughter Cel. You were a kid, I've argued with dad before too, that doesn't make us bad children. Remember, you're the one who had the highest grades in highschool, unlike me who chose music" he says and I shake my head, "But dad was proud of both of us. He was proud of you for following your dreams" I tell him and he chuckles.

"He was pretty shaken up when I played the electric guitar for the first time"

"Miles...I have to ask you something" he nods at that.

"What the hell happened while I was gone?" I ask him and he seems to be deep in thought before he breaks the silence.

"What do you mean? A lot happened but I don't know what you want to know?"

I look at him, trying to find a lie in his eyes, "Did anything happen with Ryan?"

"Celine..."

"What? Miles you better tell me now" I argue, trying to keep my cool.

"While he was in jail...I heard from some people that his mother was in the hospital. She's gone Cel, she died from cancer too and they didn't let Ryan visit her even though his stepfather tried to pay them off. He didn't get to say goodbye nor did he get to see her for the last time"

A/N I know the chapter is a bit short compared to the others but this chapter is more of a filler chapter and the next one will be longer!!!

More secrets are starting to unfold ;)