Chapter two - Uncle Carlos

Start from the beginning

Sofia pov

My uncle was never a fan of me and I never minded nor cared, to be honest, I never liked him. I need to think about what can help me win.  I need to win. I need to talk to my father and get the bowl rolling. Henry wants a war he got one. I saw my son watch, my brother, for a moment my son's face was hopeful. I have a trump card to play I could call uncle Carlos's daughter, she despises her father as much as me.

  I took my phone out and took a walk in the garden walking away from everyone. Her voice was as if she was expecting me to call her, "Sofie I hoped I didn't have to take this call." I said, "I wish I didn't  need to make it but here we are Em." She took a breath and continued  "what do I need to do?" "Your father wants to take everything from me and my son. I paid for the journey I'll see at six o'clock here. Can't wait to see their faces." Her laughter was mean and cruel.  

Emily's Pov: 

It was approaching six I was dressed in my formal attire and I step into the place I once called home, I received a text saying were in the living room. I took a few moments for myself before it all goes wrong. 

I made my way across the garden to the main room then into the living room. I made sure my feet weren't loud. They had curtains across the walls I slowly took the curtain and brushed it against my face to see Sofie's face and my father's. His face looked ashamed just by looking at me. "Emily " I turned from behind me  my cousin Henry was standing there "what are you doing here?"  I laughed "Just to see Sofie." He nodded "right, of course, you've been close since we were kids."  I walked in and saw my father I gave him a brief hug and sat down. My aunt and uncle came into the room their faces were happy my aunt smiled "Emily if I knew you were coming I would have made the kitchen make something for you."  I shook my head "No no I'm fine but thank you antie."  "How's your mother?" she asks as she says that my father's face turned to me at that moment and I looked at him in response "Happy she's divorced."  my father made a grunting face. My aunt's face went pale  "I'm sorry for opening pandora's box."  I laughed "It's alright." Sofie came and sat down My father sat down and turned to me "Where's your brother?"  "Right, You haven't seen me in how long yet your more concerned about Jack? He's a big boy dad he can look after himself." 

"Have you seen him?"  I closed my eyes are you serious  "You care more about him than me just admit it." "Let us go," Sofie said I just got up and walked out of the room. 

"Thank you for getting me out of there." "anything for you sis." I smiled as I sat down, I saw Cody was walking toward me I picked him up. "Wheres Chris?" "Went to see his brothers."  " "I hope it's ok I put your name down as Corneliouses godmother."  I turned my head "You think It'll get to that? I won't ever take your place." "I know, I just need to think of him if your dad tries anything, we both know how your dad gets. " I laughed "Yeah we do. My mother said she would help if you needed it." Sofia's face looked shocked "I love her I don't want her to get hurt." "My mother is stronger than she looks." "Yeah, I believe you." " So the plan is you need to get close to my brother, his wife had a son.  they think he has a chance. There's a guy who works for our family his friends with my brother get close to him his name is  Joe Smith. "What about Cody"? "I got the nannies to take him. "

"Why do you need him out the way anyway ?" She looked discussed "He's trying to help them, I need to distract him, and who better than you to fit the bill. Your beauty will knock him dead." I smiled "alright anything for you, but where do I find him?" "My brother and he are going  to the  charity campaign, they should be leaving now."  "I'll see you later then." "God speed."   

I saw my cousin with a charming tall man who had dark hair.  "Henry." He looked surprised "Em what are you doing?" "I heard about where you were going and I wanted to pay tribute or pay for the charity you know how I love to help charities." He nods alright "Joe this is my cousin Emily Taylor ."  He grinned Joe smiled at me "Hello Emily" "Hello Joesph" he stared long at me and gave a cheeky smile. 

charity campaign  

We got there and they went off talking to other people I stayed behind the scenes and went to find a seat. I saw empty faces walking around one saw me and  one smoothly walked behind me as I stood leaning against the wall "I haven't seen you here before."  "Yeah, I'm here with my cousin." "Who is he may I ask." Joe walked to where I was and he said " Emily come we want to introduce you to someone." I nodded and mouthing I'm sorry to the guy was just with me. 

We walked in and people were sitting sat at tables with my cousin  from the charities, "Em come sit." Henry says I sit and across from me I see the man I was just with I grinned and smiled he was watching me. The man that they introduced to me was a big player in the game I knew his face I'd seen it before. "Your royal highness." I nod a little "Hello Simon lovely to see you again." "I didn't realize you came home." "I came to stay for a little while." I smiled but my cousin didn't seem to like that answer. " Know if you don't mind I have somewhere I need to be." "of course your highness." he bowed and I left that room and walked outside.  Joe came marching outside where I was "Why are you leaving?" "I have something I need to do." He didn't take his eyes off me "I was wondering if I could take you out, your royal highness." He looked scared At that moment "You figured it out then." I said smiling "Your cousin told me but I figured it out when I saw you talking to Henry." "So how about tonight?" "I'm busy with Sofia tonight how about tomorrow night at the garden." "Tomorrow night it is then."  I smiled as I walked away. 

I made my way back to the palace sooner than I thought I found Sofia in the garden already. "So what's to report?" I raised my eyebrows "already got a date."  " you move fast, try and see if he tells you about henrys issues with me I'm sure he will." "Let's do one step at a time. How about you?"  "I'm seeing him here tomorrow night." She nodded Sofia started to explain she saw her sister-in-law with her nephew talking to her mother hearing Elizabeth asking if there was any chance her husband changed his mind about Henry and you.