07

Su-Jin's pov

"Can't believe it's almost been a year since the professor was found dead!" I student says as they walk by with their friend.

I stopped in my tracks, feeling uneasy at the thought. What was this feeling? I don't understand.

As I began to walk again, someone suddenly crashed into me, knocking me over and landing on top of me. I groaned before sitting up and pushing them off.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I didn't mean to. I wasn't looking!"

I looked at the boy who quickly stumbled to his feet. He was very skinny and small. I thought he was a child for a second. I've never seen him before.

I got up and fixed my clothes, looking at him. "It's okay.. are you alright? You look like you're on edge." I said. He looked around before turning his attention back to me. "I have to go!" He says running away.

"Oh.. okay.." I said watching as he ran off.

"Who was that? Funny looking guy.." Sangwoo walks over, placing a kiss on my head, catching the attention of others. "Others are staring.." I mumbled and he chuckled. "Let them stare~ I like a bit of showing off." He says, nuzzling my face with his nose. I giggled at the feeling and pulled him in for a kiss, but before we could touch lips, we were interrupted.

"Sangwoo!!" A girl shouted and we both looked at her. "Another prey..?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah.. 'll see you tonight." He says walking towards her. I sighed and walked away.

-

As I was seated in the library on my own, reading through a book, it felt as though someone was watching me and when I looked up, I noticed a quite tall, slender male, looking right at me. He had bags under his eyes like he hadn't slept in days, but the look fit him well.

When he looked towards me, I quickly looked away, back down into my book for a few seconds. I could feel him staring still, but when I looked up, he was gone.

I sighed in relief and began packing away my things.

"You must be Su-Jin." I heard from behind me. I looked back to see the same guy. "Oh- uh.. yes that's me.." I responded.

"I just wanted to know... how does it feel seeing your boyfriend fuck around with other girls?" He asked and I stopped what I was doing.

"I don't understand what you mean.." I mumbled.

"I'm just saying, knowing Sangwoo, he's popular with the ladies. Every girl swoons after him and you so happened to get him in your clutches not to mention, you seem to be the only one who stuck around after he's fucked you."

I struck him in the face with a slap that echoed throughout the library. I glared up at him, feeling the urge to stab him in the neck with my pen.

"Look, whoever you are, stay out of our business. Whatever he does, I know. There aren't any secrets." I watched as he placed his hand where I slapped him.

"Are you sure?" He asked before turning away.

"We don't keep secrets from one another.." I said in a more unsure way. He chuckles and walks away.

"Sangwoo doesn't keep anything from me.." I mumbled as I continued to pack my things up before heading out of the library.

-

As I walked into my house, the sound of the TV playing was heard. My heart sank as the memories of that man abusing me flooded in. I dropped my bag and quickly walked into the living room, seeing Sangwoo resting on the couch, texting on his phone.

I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV, my panting began to build up and I could feel the sweat starting to form on my forehead. The room was getting hotter by the second.

"Su-Jin?" I heard echoed in my head.

My body felt heavy and it felt as though I was shrinking and before I knew it I had collapsed to the ground.

"Su-Jin?!" I looked up, meeting eyes with Sangwoo who held a worried expression on his face. I suddenly began to cry as I tried to wipe away the disgusting feeling of the man crawling all over me.

"Get off! Get off! Don't touch me!" I cried and cried.

My heart pounded in my chest rapidly as I scratched at my skin.

"Su-Jin stop.. it's ok... I'm here it's me, Sangwoo! That man.. he can't hurt you Su-Jin!" I heard Sangwoo's voice. I began to calm down as I stared into his eyes.

Realization sunk in when I realized Sangwoo had tears in his eyes, and blood on his shirt. I looked down at my arms to see I was bleeding from my scratches.

"I.. He.."

"It's okay.. it's not your fault.." He pulls me in slowly, wrapping his arms around me, and pulling me into a warm hug. I quietly sobbed into his chest as he embraced me.

The tiredness began to sink in, my eyes feeling heavier by the second. "Thank you..." I mumbled before falling asleep in his arms.

-

Sangwoo's pov

"You fucking idiot.." I mumbled as I wrapped Su-Jin's arms after cleaning the deep scratches she gave herself.

Even when she was asleep, she never stopped sweating. I struggled like this for quite some time with the trauma of killing someone, but it was never this bad.

At this rate, Su-Jin will have no other choice but to see a doctor, and get medication to help. Risky, but she needs it more than anything.

"Why.. why did I bring you into my life," I mumbled, moving her hair out of her face. I watched as her chest slowly moved up and down, her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

Was she having a bad dream? Was she in pain?

I got up, reaching over for a blanket, and covering her up before getting under the covers with her. She immediately clings to me, and I feel her tremble slightly. "I'm here.." I whispered.

Words I never thought I'd ever say again and mean it.

Her trembling soon died down and her breathing became steady. I held her gently to me, singing a quiet tone to her.