Chapter 23

Previously:

"Don't give her blood. Take her to the hospital quick" She yelled at them, pushing us to make way for Alaric to move through to his car before moving towards Kai to check up on his freezed up self.
----------------------------------

"Not that exactly. More so that I don't want to leave here actually. Not permanently" He shrugged keeping his head where it is "I've spent the better part of a century fighting with my brother. And these past few years living with him and going through everything. It brought as closer and I don't want to change that"

"It's not going to change, Damon. C'mon even if you eventually move out that doesn't mean that you won't be a pain in my ass" Stefan spoke up

--------------------------------------------------------------

Okay where did we stop? Right last time Stiles so rudely stole you guys to go talk to Damon and tease Derek about his obvious crush on a certain someone but I'm pretty sure my conversation was more interesting so lets get into that.

Kol and I sat in front of Lydia and Kai trying to get him to come out of his daze or at least make sure he's okay.

We tried everything short from banging a pan over his head but Lydia gave me a glare at my great Rapunzel suggestion, so we were still at square one and Lydia wasn't the only one who was actually starting to get really worried. Kol tried to push it off as if all the sudden changes were getting to Kai but I don't know this just feel different. So instead of trying to work through Kai, I called Alaric to check up on Jo and ask if Jo had any family journals handy that could possibly talk about the merge.

Yeah the second part was awkward but thankfully Jo had no problem telling me where the journal was and even asked how Kai was doing so maybe these two will finally start getting along. Unfortunately, it was way too late for me to go get the book from their place and Kol couldn't enter due to not being invited in and we didn't want to bother Jo again. So we called it a night and coaxed Kai into at least getting up and getting out the door into Stefan's car since we were heading to the Mikaelson newly built house.

It wasn't a long drive from the boarding house but that didn't stop Stiles from fidgeting constantly. I didn't know if something was bothering him or if he just felt tired so I let it go for the time being. Kol spent the entire time reading through the small stack of spell books we got from the Salvatores before leaving, he was so invested to the point he almost spent the night in the car until Damon dragged him out.

As we left the car to go inside, I couldn't help but feel something weird in my gut. Not a danger for some reason, but just a familiarity. I looked across the road but I didnt find anything but a car parked and it was too dark to see anything. But for a second I could almost see a flash of red before it was gone.

I decided to just ignore it for the night cause it just wasn't time to get paranoid. Enough was happening already.

We all trudged inside, following our respective Mikealson to show us to our rooms. It was an all in all exhausting day and we were all waiting to crash for the next century if possible. It's like there's absolutely no rest at all.

No words were exchanged as we once again dragged Kol from his books and went to bed. We were all tired but two hours later everyone was still tossing and turning in our places and yet no one broke the silence and that's just how we spent the night till we eventually drifted off.

---------------------------------------

(Third person pov.)

Everyone was too tired to notice that someone was tailing them. The classic black car rolled to a stop on the other side of the road infront of the house a bunch of people walked in. The two men in the front seat kept eyes on all the people, taking a mental picture and storing the information for later. Their main focus wasn't the vampires or the werewolves they knew were with the gang, no it was the red head who was tucked into the side of a blonde man they knew to be Niklaus Mikealson.