Chapter 19

Previously:

"Look sweetheart I know what it's like to feel like an outsider in your own family. The only reason I act the way I do is that my family treated me like trash under their feet. And I'm assuming that's what happened with him. So I don't care if you don't want him out because he is coming out. You can move or do whatever the bloody hell you want to do and I'll guarantee he doesn't come after you. But he's out and that's final" Kol yelled at her
----------------------------------------------------------
"What are we going to do?" Lydia asked leaning back into Stefan

"Next week is the full moon. We get him out then" Nik said rubbing a tense hand through his hair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at myself in the mirror of the church bathroom, catching sight of the old golden broach close to the neckline of my dress, adjusting it to it's right position before noticing the red head standing behind me.

"Hey love." Lydia greeted smiling sympathetically at me before sighing when I didn't answer "You ready to go?"

I nodded turning around and walking out the bathroom with a stoic look on my face and headed towards my seat in the front where all my mates were sitting.

Today was the day of my grammmy's funeral so we all came back to Beacon Hill's along with the others this time including my mates and their families which I really appreciated since we didn't even know them for a full month or so yet they treat us like family already. But right now I was more worried about the fact that I had to speak in front of everyone today.

"Sweetheart" Kol whispered from my left to get my attention "Are you sure you want to do this?"

I looked forward at the coffin set on the stage thinking back to the 'therapy' session I had with Lydia, it was mostly ice cream and a sad movie, where she told me this would be best for closure.

"It'll help me move on" I repeated Lydia's words with a shaky voice glancing back down at my hands nervously rubbing together

Kol grabbed my hand reassuringly and we brought our attention to the stage where a priest stood at the podium, welcomed everyone and started praying.

After all the formalities were done he invited a few people who knew my grammy up to talk leaving me for last like I requested.

What I didn't expect though was my boyfriend, well one of them, to go up and talk.

"Not many people know this but grammy help Amelie and I get together. She was always a friend to everyone is Beacon Hills and from the pictures, she was actually there the day I was born. And the second Amelie was born and we shared soul marks, she had a grand scheme for us to meet. The way we met didn't have exactly go as planned for either one of us but she helped us through it all the time. This time last year grammy, Amelie and I were sitting at her house talking about how our futures were gonna be. That day she pulled me aside and made me promise to always take care of Amelie after she was gone. She made me promise that no matter what I would always choose her and I always did. So today I'm here to honor the closest thing I had to a grandmother and support my girlfriend because they're two out of three of the most important women in my life" Stiles spoke with such passion and love about my grammy and told people exactly how amazing and kindhearted she was and I could feel my heart swell for him the more he talked.

When Stiles walked back to his seat, I got up and kissed his cheek appreciatively and pulled him into a hug with tears running down my face.

"Thank you so much" I cried into his chest, inhaling his comforting smell