ODG Kpop Singer Tries To Understand Teenagers (feat. HANNY)

Start from the beginning

Na-hyeon: My studies...? And... sports. These are the things that I worry about.

Hanny: Sports? Why?

Na-hyeon: When I was little, I played sports for fun. But I'm an eighth grader now. I'm not sure whether it is right for me to do sports for fun. Time is precious, you know... Maybe I should concentrate more on my studies. My parents... they want me to quit playing sports. But I don't want to quit, though.

Hanny: Oh, really? I... I used to attend school outside Korea. I'm also an athlete. I love sports so much. Since then I try hard to balance my study and sports. I don't know about middle school here. Is it usual to study that hard? For middle schoolers?

Na-hyeon: My GPA... It is important. That's why we need to focus on our studies.

Seo-won: I have to follow up on other students. I have to go to a good high school. I have to go to a good college. If I want it, then I have to study hard.

Hanny: Oh, why... Why does it hurt for me? Not only that, this frustrates me from the inside as well. It's upsetting me. Why is it so? Why do young middle schoolers have to feel so much stress about their studies? Why? What for? For who? Didn't they have to make study? Why I think they more forced to study? It really frustrates me... Do you have the experience of thinking or worrying so hard? Hard enough to... even make you cry? Can you tell me?

Seo-won: Yes. A lot of times.

Hanny: Ah... I think I understand. Oh, I... I got it. So Seowon, you are that kind of person...

Seo-won: What? What kind of person?

Hanny: Do you talk to people? To anyone?

Seo-won: Not really. I don't talk to people about that... I'm not that kind of type.

Hanny: Then, when you cry... Are you on your own? You just embrace yourself?

Seo-won: Yes.

(Sigh)

Na-hyeon: Around me, there's... There is nowhere that I can talk about those things. I have close friends now, But friendships may break as time goes by and if it breaks, they may tell people. They may tell things about me, to others. That... That kind of worried me a lot.

Hanny: You have a lot in your mind.

Hanny: When things are hard... it is better to tell someone about it.

Seo-won: Well... even if I tell someone, it won't make things better. Also, that way, the person I talked to... that person may feel bad as well.

Hanny: But if someone really cares about you, Seowon, and really likes you, loves you... If I was that person, I would thank you for telling me.

Seo-won: Hmm, how should I call you? Miss Grown-up?

Hanny: Yes, I'm a grown-up.

Seo-won: If you have a friend, that friend would be... really happy.

(Sigh again)

Hanny: This wall... I want to tear it apart. You have a lot in your mind, right?

Na-hyeon: Worries, useless worries...

Hanny: Right.

Na-hyeon: I worry a lot about useless things. What people say, without thinking...

Hanny: You easily feel hurt by those thing, right?

Na-hyeon: Sometimes I think about it for months.

Hanny: Oh, no... To be honest, I was like that, when I was young. Really, I was like that. My feelings easily got hurt. I wouldn't let people know about it, though. I often got hurt, but I hid it to myself. I used to be like that... But however there are a lot of people in the world. various people. I think it is better for you to think of yourself first. I think there are times when you have to think simply. Well, but it's easier said then done. I know.

Hanny: You don't know who I am. I don't know how you look like, Seowon. However, I really care about you from the heart. If you have thoughts and worries that trouble you, When you feel lost, please, talk to somebody, and let go of your worries a little. You got me?

Seo-won: Yes.

Hanny: Today, I... Just for you, Na-hyeon, brought a song. I want to play it to you.

Hanny: It's my hobby. Singing. I sing a little.

Seo-won: Okay.

Hanny: So... Here it is. Can you listen to it for a second?

Seo-won: Yes. of course.

Hanny: Here, for once. Did you get it?

Seo-won: Yes.

Hanny: It is a kind of... consolation. It is a song... that I prepared to console you.

Hanny: So... I'll just play it.

[Playing "Dear Me"]

Set me free so that I can breathe in this landscape, passing by freely
Like singing a song I want to tell myself the words I love myself I trust myself the words I didn't have for myself before
Lock me up in this dark night leaving just loneliness, that won't fall sleep, behind
Like singing a song I want to tell myself the words I love myself I trust myself what I didn't have for myself before
Look at me who endured the long darkness
I don't hide anymore even if the night comes again I have myself by my side
Above the sky that will be bright I'll become the light that spreads and fly
Someday if I can just tell myself I love myself I trust myself will you remember this
I trust myself remember this
I love myself I trust myself the words that will hold me

Seo-won: Wow... I mean... I can't believe music is just a hobby for you.

(Laugh)

Seo-won: To be honest, when I first heard it, it touched my heart.

Na-hyeon: At first, I first heard the melody, from then, it really... was a consolation. I felt as if something is soothing me.

Seo-won: I felt as if my worries sort of fly away.

[HANNY look the camera with teary eyes]

Hanny: Ah, really?

Seo-won: Yes.

Hanny: That's a relief.

Hanny: Wish it can be a little... help for you and... even now you're doing fine. Don't be so stressed. You don't have to rush as well. The road that you're walking right now... Just slowly, you can walk through it.

Na-hyeon: Yes.

Hanny: You have my support. Cheer up.

Hanny: Watch out when you go back home.

Seo-won: Same for you. Watch out... when you go home.

Hanny: I will. Cheer up!

Seo-won: Thank you. Bye.