𝙏𝙤𝙣𝙮 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙠

Tony grins at seeing Maria place the last lego block into place

They had spent weeks creating a large Captain America lego statue to surprise Steve with "Looks good Rees.But maybe we should have built an Iron Man lego figure." He gently brings Maria into his arms.Bringing them both to the floor,he tickles her.A wide delighted smile on his face at hearing his daughter's laughter.

He feels proud of himself whenever he is able to make his daughter laugh.The two still struggle sometimes with expressing their emotions but moments like these he treasures.Because these moments remind him that they have survived.

They are still here...He's still here to hear his baby laugh and cry.He's here to see her happy and angry.

He's here with her.And he will be till death comes knocking on his door.

"Papa."

"Yeah Rees ?"

Maria sits in her dad's lap as she says "Do you think that we will always have this family ?" Tony presses a kiss to her head "Of course i do baby." Maria plays with her fingers as she nervously says "I have this feeling.A bad one,that something is going to split us all up and we'll lose.I don't wanna lose papa because he-he scares me."

Tony's grip tightens on his daughter "You won't be split from me okay Rees.I won't let that happen.It's just a bad dream." Maria nods her head,she trusts anything her Dad says "Okay Dad.I believe you."

The older Stark pats her arm "Come on baby.Let's go see if the others are around huh ? See if they wanna watch something." Maria gets up of her Dad's lap.She holds a hand out for her Dad to take.

It never fails to make his heart happy at seeing the trust Maria has in him.She went from flinching at anyone trying to touch her to openly accepting people's touch.He is so proud of her.

He takes her hand and pretends that she's lifting him.Maria bounces in excitement,she can never stop moving.It's something that Pepper says is a Stark trait.Not being able to sit still "You think Auntie Nat will teach me more Ballet."

Tony smiles at his kid as they go towards the elevators "I don't see why not baby ? She loves spending time with you." Maria watches as her dad pushes the button "I know Papa.But she has bad memories with Ballet.She told me that they used to be really mean to her."

Tony gently says to the nine year old "Well.Maybe this will turn ballet into a good memory for her Rees.Because now she'll think of you." Maria gives her dad a wide smile "I hope so.I don't like that people were mean to her.She said that Uncle Clint saved her and he was there for her when she came to america.She said that we are her family now.So we have to protect her.Right Papa."

Tony gently runs his fingers through her hair "Right baby.We'll protect her.Just like we'll protect you." Maria says with confidence "I will protect all of you.I won't let anything happen to you Papa."

The father of Maria could feel his eyes slowly tearing up "I know Baby.Cause i won't let anything happen to you either." The doors finally open.Revealing the other Avengers all sitting around on the couches.

Maria rushes towards her Aunt Natasha.The redhead gently picks the burnette child up into her lap.

Tony smiles as he takes in their family.He couldn't ask for better people to fight by his side.

As long as they stick together,there is nothing they can't do