the

A bright light looms above you waking you from your sleep.

You smell... something as you finally blink your eyes in the cold room you're in. It's bright; and the floor(?) you're laying on feels awfully dirty as you sit up.

"Are these... flowers?" you mumble aloud to nobody.

On the patch of golden flowers next to you is another-

No.

No, there's nothing there.

You pick yourself up off the floor after having passed out from the fall.

The fall?

"Something feels... off."

Then it hits you:

You're inside the game.

And Frisk is right...!

"Oh my god..."

You dash out of the room you're in to go find Frisk. Flowey wasn't there to greet you so you knew something was wrong.

'Damn it Frisk! Where could you have gone?'

Worried that they might be in trouble you pick up the pace, not even noticing the dust scattered across the Ruins as you passed by.

Alas, you made it to Toriel's home without having encountered any monsters, much to your luck. You barge right in and search the house for Frisk, eventually reaching Toriel's room and taking the spare cell phone that she promised to give Frisk before.

"Frisk! Toriel? Anybody here?" you call.

...

But nobody came.

You frantically rush down the stairs until you get to the exit of the Ruins. Upon arriving to the door you notice a big pile of dust standing before you. You try to remember what could have caused this, since not having played or looked up anything about Undertale in years it caused your memory on it to be a little foggy.

Or maybe you knew, you were just trying to think of any alternatives as to what it could be.

You pull out your phone and attempt to call Toriel with it.

...

Amidst the pile of dust you hear her cell phone vibrate on the ground.

...

But nobody came.

Your eyes widen in pure fear and you had to choke back a sob as you realize what... what could've happened.

"I-I need to find them," you announce to yourself, "Before whoever did this gets to them too!"

Immediately you start sprinting out of the Ruins all the way until you get to Snowdin.

The streets appear to be empty, but with all the strength you can muster you call out, hoping somebody- anybody would come rushing to your aid.

...

But nobody came.

"Frisk!!!" you yell in a raspy voice, "Please... please be oka...y..."

When you near the outskirts of Snowdin into Waterfall you can't help but feel much more... cold and lonely. This all just feels like a bad dream, it must be right? Of course it is... You're still at home, laying on your bed after the long first day of school you had. Your father is still out after last night... hungover and... probably not alone in his bed... Oh but of course! Your mother is still...

Still...

Laying still in her coffin, of course.

The feelings you got when you were told that your mom was dead felt quite like it does now. Back then you felt depressed, almost abandoned in a way, and scared. Worried about what would happen in the future for yourself and your father. But above all else you just felt...