UNDERTALE

I strongly advise you to read the description before reading this terrible book.

- - - Instruction - -
(Y/n) - Your name
(L/n) - Last name
(E/c) - Eye color
(H/l) - Hair length
When/If you quit reading, you lose.
[Begin Story]

_____

The following weeks after you had gotten the popular new game called "Undertale", you were well aware that the game had multiple routes and endings. You knew that the game had a Pacifist, a Neutral, and a Genocide run to it, however, every time you reset you never could never bring yourself to do a genocide run. The most you'd do is a neutral run but even then you'd only just kill the minor characters like a moldsmal or something- you could never bring yourself to kill someone like Toriel.

Unfortunately for you, doing the same route over and over again got boring, causing you to stop playing once you finished your last pacifist play through. Years pass and you eventually forget about Undertale, until one fateful day...

"Have you played Deltarune yet (Y/n)?" your friend asked as you two were walking to school.

"Deltarune?" you repeat, "Isn't that just Undertale 2? I haven't played it yet, no."

"Really?! Oh my gosh you totally should! They just came out with chapter 2 not that long ago."

However, despite your friends rambling about Deltarune, you kinda tune them out and remember Undertale instead. How much fun you had playing it... You deleted the game after your last pacifist run (a difficult decision that was for having to part with your progress and beloved characters was not an easy thing to do) and forgot about it ever since.

"(Y/n)? Hello? Are you listening?"

"Huh? Oh no, honestly I wasn't paying attention to a thing you said just now, sorry."

They roll their eyes and reply, "Well... at least you're honest."

You nudge them playfully and continue walking to school. Today you start your first day and you can do nothing but listen as your friend talks about Deltarune (and occasionally Undertale) all day long.

————

The second you get home you immediately go to your desk and redownload Undertale.

Just then the lights in your house begin to flicker but you chalk it down to it being that something's just wrong with the wiring.

After all, this isn't the first time this has happened. Starting about a week ago, the lights have been flickering more often. The electrician has yet to figure out what's causing it.

A few minutes pass and the game is completely downloaded so you dive right in. The familiar sound of the games starting music is the first thing you hear and you're instantly hit with a wave of nostalgia.

"It is so good to be back." you smirk as you're finally met with the start screen.

Except something is there that you weren't expecting.

Surprisingly enough, the screen only shows the characters that you had already made friends with. You were expecting to see the instructions and a "Begin Game" option, but it's as though you never deleted the game in the first place. You shrug and choose the option to "Reset."

You turn your head from the screen because the second you Reset the lights began flickering again. When you turn back, instead of seeing Frisk on that patch of flowers or the name screen, you see... Flowey. He's smiling that creepy smile of his and he looks like he'd been waiting years for you to return.

Perhaps he has.

"Howdy! Welcome back, (Y/n)!"

...What?

More words continue to type out in Flowey's dialogue box and you're absolutely stunned as you read what it says.

"We missed you!" he squints as his eyes shift, "See what I meant? Do you see what I meant when I said 'you won't want to play with me anymore?'"

Your eyes widen as you recall him saying that.

'Was he not talking about Chara though...?'

"THIS is what happens when you're given a happy ending. You 'won' so now you think you can just... LEAVE?"

You're then filled with guilt but you remember that this is just a game... a very well planned out game at that. Did Toby Fox really put this much effort into the game that when you delete it and come back after years, Flowey will be pissed and...

He'll call you by your real name?

Is that the name you put?

No. You remember putting "Chara" into the box.

So how?

How does he know your real name?

"Hee hee hee..." he's grinning as you watch in horror, "I bet you're wondering how this is possible. How even after everything, I can still remember how it felt being deleted. I bet you're wondering how I know who you are, (Y/n)."

"F-Flowey..." you pathetically croak out in an attempt to see if he'll react.

Somehow his grin gets wider and he replies, "...Yes?"

That's the last thing you see before you're enveloped in a bright white light and your vision turns to black.