one

"may can you please go the gas station down the street , we need milk real quick for dinner" the blond middle aged woman asked softly after knocking. you could see that she had smile lines , little wrinkles under her eyes , and light freckles on her cheeks . she seemed happy and calm .

"yeah of course i can mom, half gallon or full?" may answered while getting on slides , she was wearing black bike shorts and a black shirt with pastel flowers.

she resembled her mother in some ways but she knew she looked more like her father , but she didn't know what he looked like . she was little when he left , which part of her was happy about , if she never saw him then she could pretend he didn't exist .

"just half ," her mother smiled at her , "ill go the store tomorrow, thank you may ." she said before placing 10$ on the dresser . she took the 2 steps between her and may to close the gap as she kissed her forehead while she hugged her .

may smiled hugging her mom tight really quick, " i'm gonna leave now so i don't have to later ," she said smiling "bye mom , love you."

as she walked down the street she noticed she hadn't been to this one yet , her and her family moved her earlier this summer . she had made a few friends but none she hung out with . she mainly helped her mom watch her little brother , he was only 6 and always wanting to hang out with may.

she continued walking till she was about to be in the parking lot , she started at the sight , instead of it being low key and not as noticeable it had bright lights coming from the inside. her stomach did flips and she continued to walk closer watching a truck pull out only for them to honk at her twice .

she flipped them off without even looking back and continued to walk closer to the little shop. as she arrived she noticed there didn't look like any workers were there , she turned around thinking that they were closed. what caught her eye was the the blue car parked right around the back of the shop , she could see it shine in the light .

before she could turn around all the way someone was right behind her , making her squeal a little before she realized who was in front of her .
the man was taller than her , he had this look on his face like he was trying to read her mind . his ginger beard was the first thing that she noticed , she wasn't typically a fan of them but this man made it look sexy as fuck . he had freckles all over his face , his hair was cut to a buzz cut with a "u" shaped scar running along the left side of his face . his eyebrows squeezed together like he was trying to read small letters .

" who are you ma ? i ain't seen you around here before" he asked her , she liked his voice too . the raspiness and dominance that his voice held made her weak. he looked her up and down before a smirk pulled on his lips .

" i'm sage may but you can call me may , i moved here not to long ago so i don't know many people yet ." she answered him confidently trying to play it off as if he didn't just scare the shit out of her .

"well you pretty may , can i help you find anything ?" he asked her . he had seen her walking with a little boy the other day , he imagined it was her brother since she looked to young to have a 6-7 year old brother . he wished he could've talked to her then but he was talking to rue when she passed .

" uhm wheres the milk ? " she responded as she remembered what she came here for . she started to look around the store to see if anything else caught her eye but nothing did . just the man in front of her who pulled a blunt out from behind his ear and started to light it .

"this way ma," he said as he walked towards the 'dairy' section . he noticed her watch him as a took a hit from the blunt before he ghosted it easily .

'fuck he's hot as hell. i need to know his name.' may thought second guessing herself even though she knew she'd get his name before he left .

"that's all i need" she looked back up at him to see his eyes already staring at her.

"ight fosho , follow me," he said before turning his back to walk up the counter before ringing her up. he quickly scanned it , "3.73."

may reached into her right pocket and handed the ten dollar bill to him , a smile on her face . "you never told me your name." she blurted out causing her to blush a bit .

he handed her the change with a smirk seeing the effect he had on her , "fezco , you can call me fez." he replied looking into her green eyes with his glossy low blue ones.

may almost forgot to grab the change just making eye contact , she bit her lip a little to make her snap out of . she grabbed the milk and the change and started walking out , "thank you fez."

she had a huge smile on her face as she kept walking down the street to her house , she grabbed her phone after feeling the buzz against her hip .

mom<3:
did you get lost on the way ?

may 💐:
i'm walking back right now .

she shut off her phone before grabbing the blunt she had in her bra , taking the lighter she grabbed before leaving . she sparked up before she felt another text from her phone .

kat 💋:
hey there's a party tonight , you want to come w me and my friends?

may 💐:
yes that sounds like so much fun , what time   should i be ready by ?

kat💋: like 10:30 , send me you address so we can pick you up !

may 💐:
okay that works ! see you soon .

she wondered if fez was planning on going , she wasn't to concerned but she would see if he had any weed on him . she was running low after moving here , although she didn't get in trouble for smoking it wasn't something her mom really liked.

she opened the door and walked into the kitchen putting the milk on the counter along with the change. "hey mom , can i go to this little get together with my friend kat ?" she asked her mom basically doing the puppy eyes knowing her mom would say yes either way .

"may i don't care if you do , just be home tomorrow by noon. do you need keys ?" her mom replied smiling at her daughter as she drank for the wine glass in her hand .

"yes please , ill get some made soon but for tonight i will ." may answered as she planned out the outfit she was going to wear in her head . her mom dropped the keys into her hands before rubbing her shoulder and going back to making mac and cheese for her brother .