Chapter 30

*~-~-~-~-~POV Y/n~-~-~-~-~*

My eyes flutter open and I look around wildly. Nothing is in sight, in fact, the room is void of any color. I glance around to see that I am alone. Did Dream- did he kill me again? Am I back at that place between life and death? 

As if wanting to answer my question, Wilbur materializes beside me.  "Well hello y/n. It's been a while since I've been able to speak to you privately". 

I turn to face him, clenching my fists. "Why did you tell Dream to kill me? What do you want?" 

"Well, I've been meaning to tell you how rude it was of you to reveal me to the world", Wilbur says, stepping closer to me. 

"Maybe you shouldn't be controlling people then!" 

I try to take a swing at Wilbur but he disappears and rematerializes behind me, knocking me over. I quickly get back up on my feet to face him, yet he vanishes once again. I look around wildly, fist raised, slowly turning in a circle, waiting for Wilbur to reappear. 

His voice laughs in my ear, "As much as I'd love to continue this fight, I need you in order to continue with the plan". 

"What plan?" 

My body freezes and Wilbur rematerializes in front of me. I strain against the invisible threads holding me in place making Wilbur tut disapprovingly. "Silly y/n, even in this state I am more powerful than you will ever be. In fact, now that you're dead and in this realm- I can take complete control over you". 

I strain, this time not to fight Wilbur, but to get away instead as fear consumes me. 

"Don't worry y/n, I'll make sure you get a front seat to your friends' demise". 

Wilbur steps forward and places a freezing hand on my shoulder. The harsh cold spreads over my body, causing everything to slowly turn numb.

Eventually, I can no longer feel my body and I collapse, the invisible threads no longer holding me. Wilbur stands overhead, casually observing what was happening to me. 

Without warning, I feel the invisible threads attack and completely wrap around and entangle me. I'm desperately trying to free myself from the invisible bonds that I don't even notice I'm standing up. In fact, I can't even feel that I am standing. Wilbur smiles at me with a dark glint in his eye.

"Ah yes, I can sense you still fighting in there. How does it feel, y/n? You see, I've always been able to take control of people, but I've never understood what it exactly feels like". 

I stop fighting the threads in my mind to process what was happening in the real world: how I was no longer in control of my body. 

"Oh, you're giving up so soon", Wilbur says with a smirk.

Enraged, I use every ounce of my strength to take control of my body, managing to take a step towards Wilbur, my fist raised to punch him.

Wilbur tilts his head and I can feel the threads pulling me deeper and deeper into the recesses of my mind. I lose control of my body, my enclosed fist relaxing by my side.

"Impressive, but you won't be in control for a long time. Not until I'm done with this world- then I'll free you only to see the damage left behind. Now, let's get you resurrected," Wilbur says. "You have some work to do!"

I'm screaming and clawing against the mental restraints entrapping me in my own mind, but my physical body stands still, obedient to Wilbur.

"Oh, and y/n, do enjoy the show", Wilbur says with a smirk as I feel myself transition back to the living plane.