Chapter 5

Dream visits Tommy everyday. He comes back home telling me stories of Tommy rebelling and trying to get unexiled. When Dream is gone with Tommy, I get bored, so I visit Technoblade. We've been spending a lot of time together lately. 

After asking Dream to visit Tommy everyday for a week, he tells me I can. The next day, Dream brews enough invisibility potions to last for a week! Dream has me drink one right before we get in the boat, and gives specific instructions on how long I should wait between each bottle. We then ride in the boat together to the location of Tommy's exile. When we reach the shore, Tommy is waiting for us. 

"Dream!", he calls down excitedly. 

Then Tommy does something strange. He whips off his armor and throws it in a hole. 

"It's ready", he says eagerly as Dream approaches. 

"There's no need for that today, Tommy", Dream responds calmly. 

Tommy gasps. "Oh really? Thank you, Dream!"

I made a mental note: ask Dream about Tommy's armor situation. Without his armor on, I also get a better look at Tommy. His clothes are torn and his eyes have dark circles underneath them. Exile hasn't been treating him very well.

"Guess what I'm doing today, Dream", Tommy announces. 

"What?" 

"I'm making a bridge in the nether so my friends can visit me more easily. I assume that's why no one has come to see me yet... right? I just live too far out of the way, I need to make it easier for them to come! Then they'll visit me, they all will! ...right?" 

My heart breaks. No one has visited Tommy? What has happened in L'manberg since the last stream I watched? Where's Tubbo? 

"But Tommy", Dream says, interrupting my train of thought. "I've visited you everyday. I'm your friend". 

Tommy's face scrunches up in confusion. I sneak closer to listen to him mutter quietly to himself- "You're the reason I'm here... you turned everyone against me... you're my enemy... but no one else has come... Dream came to my beach party... Dream is my friend..... Dream is my friend", Tommy settles on. 

"Dream, my friend!", Tommy exclaims loud enough for Dream to hear this time. 

I look back at Dream. I hate it when he wears his mask, you can't get a read off of him. However, Dream's voice, the way he was talking to Tommy now, it was sending shivers down my spine. 

"Of course I am your friend. Come on now, let's go work on your bridge."

I look between Dream and Tommy, this whole dynamic seems off. I internalize my observation, determined to discuss it with Dream that night. 

Tommy eagerly walks into his nether portal and disappears. Dream quickly turns around. 

"Y/n? Y/n, are you still here?" 

"Yes", I respond. 

He jumps back, unaware of how close I was to him. 

"Y/n, don't come into the Nether. It's very dangerous and I can't help you if you're invisible", Dream advises.

"Ok, but you have to protect him. He seems very fragile". 

I can't see Dream's reaction behind the mask. 

"I will", he promises after a pause. 

"Ok, I'm going back to the house then". 

"Ok, take the boat, I have another. Be careful!" 

"I will, I promise". 

With that, Dream goes into the portal and disappears.

I make my way to the bottom of the shore, about to take the boat Dream and I used to get to Tommy's new home when I have a strange feeling. I decide I want to make sure one last time Tommy is going to be ok.