Chapter 21

*~-~-~-~-~POV Wilbur~-~-~-~-~*

"No-no-no-no-no", I mutter. "That wasn't suppose to happen! How could I have been so stupid?!"

After y/n revealed me to the crowd, I found that my power over them had vanished. It was as if their recognition of my influence prevented me from further controlling them. I had to escape when I was getting surrounded, so I teleported to the black void of a realm y/n went to when she died.

Why did I have to taunt y/n? I never should have revealed myself to her! I should've celebrated her official removal from my script and enjoyed my return to total power, but no! Instead I had to run my mouth and boast. I admit it did feel good to confide and reveal the masterpiece of a world I have orchestrated, but now that everyone is aware of my influence, I can't control them like I used to. 

I curse myself. Why did I admit to losing control over Dream when he learned the truth?! I practically handed her the key to defeating me!

This is definitely a setback... I will have to slowly work my way back into the world. But how? Is there anything left that I have enough power over to still control fully?

I close my eyes and reach out to try and find a source of power in the world.

I yelp, unprepared to receive such an intense response. Something- no- someone was generating such a strong sensation that it was drawing me in. I wanted- no- needed to find them.

I follow the sensation, soaking up the rush of power it was giving me. I find myself being drawn back into the overworld, specifically Sam's new prison. 

I teleport to the main prisoner cell to find Dream in the corner. The rage was rolling off of him in intense waves, each one feeding my hunger for power. I scan Dream's memories, and to my delight, find that he has yet to have been informed about my 'role' in the world.  I move on to scanning his thoughts, pleased to find that he was fixated on exacting his revenge and had already planned several phases worth of ideas. How perfect.

I allow myself to materialize for Dream to see. 

"Ghostbur?", Dream asks, confused by my unannounced entrance into his cell.

"No", I respond with a wicked grin. 

"Ah... Wilbur", Dream says with a smirk, "welcome back old friend". 

"Thank you Dream- I think it's time we get to work".

[A/N]

Hey guys, I want to thank you so much for reading the chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! :)

This book has gotten so much support and I am so thankful for each and everyone one of you! You are all special, amazing, and wonderful people!!! (Don't let anyone try and tell you different)

While this part of the book may be ending, I will still be very active! I will be reading the comments, responding to questions/dms, and continuing to write!

If you have any requests for this book, I will be happy to update it! This includes word count, fixing typos, inserting images. 

If you have fan art or a cover ideas for the book- please dm me! I will gladly add any and all art to chapter headings, the cover of the story, or make another chapter dedicated to pieces you guys send me!

Again, I want to thank you all for the reads, votes, and comments! You guys really made this a fun experience for me and I hope this book shared the same enjoyment for you too!

For now, this is goodbye, but ily all so much and hope to see you soon....

:)