Chapter 4

Today is the day! Dream is letting me visit Technoblade today which is exciting because I've never been anywhere outside the house without him. Dream was very hesitant to let me go, but after I reassured him I would be careful, he reluctantly agreed I could go. I'm quickly eating my breakfast while waiting for Technoblade to arrive and escort me to his house.

"So y/n, while you are over at Techno's house, you'll let me know if he's doing anything suspicious, right?", Dream asks out of nowhere.

"Um, yeah? Is there something going on I should know about", I ask. 

"No, no, nothing like that! I just wanted to know if you'd do that for me, just be a friend". 

"Of course, Dream". 

"Good to know", he says with a tight smile. 

I hear a knock at the door. 

"I'll get it", Dream says, pulling down his mask and getting up from the table. He answers the door, "Ah Techno, she's just finishing eating I think". 

I down the rest of my food and rush up to the door. "Now I'm ready!" 

Technoblade chuckles, "alright, I guess we'll be on our way. Bye, Dream." 

"Bye, Dream", I echo. 

"Bye, be careful", Dream responds as he closes the door. 

I turn to Techno, "lead the way!"

"Alrighty".

He turns and starts walking. I follow him, making light conversation. 

"So, do you break into homes often?" 

"Are you kidding me, are you never going to let that go?" 

"What, I'm just starting a conversation", I tease.

"You wanna hear a real conversation starter, why is this your first time leaving the house without Dream?" 

"I'm waiting for the right opportunity to reveal myself to the rest of the world, and he's there to make sure I'm safe". 

"I see". 

"Also I bet he's glad to have company, don't you hate living alone?" 

"Eh, it's ok. Also, we're here now." 

"Woah!" 

Technoblade has an extremely nice cabin- it was larger than Dream's and was tastefully decorated on the outside. 

"You did all this?", I ask incredulously. 

"Yep, I'm retiring from my havoc-wreaking days. I'm trying to find new hobbies." 

"I see, so no more blood for the blood god?" 

Techno freezes. "Who told you about that?" 

Uh-oh. How do I avoid explaining to him that I was once in his chat sending that message? 

"Um... Dream did!" 

"He-he did?" 

"Yeah, the voices. It's nice to hear you're overcoming them, good job!" 

"Uh huh, thanks". Technoblade stares at me for a moment longer but then turns back to his house. "Well, let me give you a tour". 

Technoblade takes his time showing me all around the house. When we are done, we go outside. 

"Technoblade?" 

"Yes?" 

"Why'd you move here?" 

"Are you kidding me, I'm a wanted man!" 

"I know, but why did you pick this snowy biome?" 

"I just assumed no one would look here."

"Oh, makes sense. I have one more question." 

"Yeah?" 

"Have you ever been ice skating?" 

"What?" 

"I mean, look over there", I say pointing a little bit away from the house. "There's a lovely frozen lake that can be used as a rink." 

"Y/n, are you being serious right now?" 

"Yeah, let's go ice skating! Come on", I say, leading the way. 

"I'm not ice skating", Technoblade states, standing still. 

I turn back to face him. "Yes you are". 

"No, I'm not". 

I lean over to pick up some snow, making a snowball. Technoblade's eyes narrow. 

"Don't you dare". 

"Then come ice skate". 

"This is ridiculous! I refuse to be-" 

SPLAT 

The snowball hits him square in the chest. Technoblade falls silent as I snicker. 

"You don't know what you've started, y/n. This means WAR!" 

Technoblade whips out a netherite shovel that is glowing with enchantments and begins tearing up the snow on the ground. My eyes widen at the number of snowballs he is collecting. Technoblade unleashes a barrage of snowballs, sending me running for cover. He follows me, still raining down snowballs. I run all the way to the frozen lake and dash across the ice. When I reach the center of the lake, I turn around to find Techno standing at the edge of the ice. 

"Come and get me", I taunt. 

Technoblade gets on the ice and begins moving at me with alarming speed. I feel the smile leave my face. Oh no. Techno resumes bombarding me with snowballs. 

"There's nowhere to hide out here", Techno yells as he relentlessly unleashes waves of snowballs on me. 

"I've made a mistake", I laugh while skating away.

Technoblade eventually runs out of snowballs, so we spend some time skating and talking. We skate until we are exhausted.

"Thanks for having me over, Techno". 

"Of course, I'll be sure to ask again sometime". 

Technoblade walks me back to Dream's cabin, and I say bye one last time before walking in.

-----

"Dream", I call. "I'm home!" 

"Y/n", Dream exclaims, running to meet me as I come through the door. "I'm so glad you're ok!"

"Of course, I can handle myself", I say with a smile. 

"How was it", Dream asks cheerfully. 

I tell him all about touring Technoblade's house, the snowball fight, and then forcing him to go ice skating. 

"Well, what did you do all day", I ask Dream when I'm done with my story. 

"Actually y/n, today was a very great day!" 

"Really?" 

"Yes! Tommy is now officially exiled!"