Chapter 16

I wake up. Ahh, finally a night of sleep uninterrupted by the voices.

I try and rub my eyes and then I remember- oh yeah, paralysis

I look over to Dream's chair, but he isn't there. Aww, I think, where is he?
NO! I cannot start missing his company... he is manipulative and is keeping me here against my will!

I don't know how long I was laying there, but eventually, Dream comes into the room. "You're awake! Feeling any better?"

 Blink blink 

"That's great news! Let's do the physical therapy routine and get another healing potion in you before we do anything else". 

Blink blink

After two extensive hours, we are done. Dream turns to me, worn out. "I have an idea, y/n", he says. I look at him expectantly. "I want you to blink a certain number of times and I'll convert it to letters. This way you can communicate with me in complete sentences". 

Blink Blink 

"Ok, I'll go get some paper!" Dream returns with his paper and quill and looks at me expectantly. 

Hmm, what do I want to say first? 

Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink 

"H", Dream says. 

Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink 

"I", Dream says. 

I stop blinking and Dream looks down at his paper. He laughs and looks up at me. "Hi?" 

Blink Blink

He wheezes, "of all the things you could have said- ok that was just a warm-up... let's do this for real". I think for a minute before blinking a code. 

"W-H-A-T-H-A-P-P-E-N-E-D-T-O-M-E", Dream recites, seeing that I am done blinking. He looks at me, "what happened to me?" 

Blink Blink

"You still don't remember?" 

Blink Blink

"Do you remember the fight in L'manberg?" 

Blink Blink

"Technoblade had a dog army and TNT was raining down- that fight?" 

Blink Blink

Dream pauses, unsure whether to continue, but does so anyways. "You got attacked and hurt- really hurt". 

Someone did this to me? Why- why wouldn't they just have killed me? Why leave me in this awful state?  Tears prick at the edges of my eyes and Dream notices. 

"Look, you're going to be ok. This is why I didn't want to tell you- I didn't want to upset you". I stare at Dream's paper until he recognizes I had something else to spell out.  I blink out a new word for him.

"W-H-O". Dream looks at me after pausing for a moment, "I didn't see who". 

Hmm, so I guess Dream didn't do this to me, but who else would? I try to think of all the people I have angered but drew a blank.

-----

Days pass, yet I'm not getting better. Sure the dull aches I use to feel are gone, but I am still paralyzed. Dream continues to help me with physical therapy and supply me with healing potions, but nothing is working.