𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 12

Start from the beginning

A 'ping' sounded to the side of me, and another one rang out, this time coming from my pocket.

Carson:

Where are you? Why aren't you at the cafeteria?

I glanced over at Akira, showing her my phone, "Did you get this?"

She nodded, "Yeah, but mine's from Archer."

She mumbled under her breath as she typed back, "What happened to your eyes genius?"

I let out a giggle, and she ruffled my hair, "Cutie."

"Shut up," I grumbled.

Just because I was the younger twin, didn't mean she had to treat me like a two year old. I mean sure, I lacked in maturity sometimes, but hey, who doesn't? I always turned up to class on time, got good grades, and I still wasn't enough.

Well, enough for my Uncle. 

He forced Akira and I to try hard, get good grades, yet it still was never enough for him. Akira was usually yelled at, late at night. 

They both argued all the time. She thought I couldn't hear it, but I could, and I prayed that nothing bad would ever happen to her, as I lay in the dark.

Akira was smart and successful. She worked hard to earn money from her fights, and I knew she had enough to buy a whole freaking mansion.

If you're wondering why we never moved, well, it's because we knew that our Uncle would eventually find us, so there was no point. 

Whilst I lay in bed one night, after a particularly bad fight between Uncle and Akira, I asked her quietly, "I'm so sick of the fighting. Why don't we just move? You have enough money."

Akira laughed quietly, "As long as, Harvey," she paused and spat out his name with as much venom as she could, "Doesn't lay a hand on you, then I think we're safe enough here. Might as well let him waste his money on us, then leave."

I had nodded thoughtfully, before drifting off to sleep.

"Hey."

"Hello? Anybody home?" someone waved their hand in front of my face.

I blinked in surprise, "Uh. Yeah, how long was I out of it?"

Akira shrugged, retracting her hand, "About three to five minutes. What were you thinking about?"

"I'll tell you later. Not here," I mumbled.

The sound of screeching filled the air. I saw Akira wince as she turned her head to see what had made the noise.

"Oh shit," Akira cursed under her breath, "Don't look behind, older brothers coming towards us."

Despite her warning, I glanced back, my eyes locking with a furious looking Carson and Archer. I gulped, "Uhm."

Akira cuffed the back of my head, "What did I tell you? Don't look," to Blaize, she hissed, "Oi, fuckboy, get out of here before they kill you."

Blaize stared at her, dumbfounded, "Why?"

For such a witty guy, he seems pretty dumb. I guess he just didn't know that we were related to the Romano brothers.

*****

**Akira's POV**

I cursed Blaize inside my head a thousand times. This guy. He could just never get the hint could he?