Once the platforms were secured, the pair moved towards the main entrance. Hoseok was unsettled though. Seocho was a major station in the Seoul University district, did it make sense that there weren't other people there? Surely more people knew of the shelters. Perhaps they were in the shelter already?

"Ya, what if there are already loads of people in the shelter?" Hoseok whispered, grabbing Namjoon's wrist. The taller youth paused. It was a possibility. But if they were only bringing in a few more people then it shouldn't be an issue right?

"Let's secure the entrance first. Then we can check around more freely." He advised after thinking briefly. Nodding in agreement, Hoseok followed him toward the main entrance, pausing in the corridor next to the sign that indicated the varying ways out of the station. Of course a subway station would have multiple entrances and exits for the convenience of communters. Damn it.

"We're going to have to split up to close each gate." Hoseok murmured, goosebumps running over his wrists. The exits were at least 70 yards apart, opening up on different streets. If they split, it would take a little while to meet up again. Namjoon swallowed. Hoseok was right though. If they wanted to secure the station then they would need to separate.

Nodding to regain his composure and to signal his understanding, Namjoon watched as Hoseok squared his shoulder before creeping away and turned to face his own exit. Exhaling quietly, Namjoon paced forward, wanting to get back into the main station as quickly as possible. He hadn't realised that the coolness of the empty station had been so reassuring to him until he began to feel the warmth of the late sun touch his skin.

The gates for the subway were sliding wrought iron gates instead of tall glass gates, causing Namjoon to cock his head with a slight frown. It would be a bit heavier to pull closed, might make some noise too. Bracing himself as he decided to just go for it, he grabbed one of the gates and began to slide it, freezing immediately at the loud sound of the gate joints scraping against the gate rails. There was an eerie silence before strained growls and pants began to reach his ears. Still, Namjoon couldn't move, even as he watched the mass of zombies began to dash down the subway stairs, right towards him with horror.

~*~

Baekhyun checked the street both ways before jogging lightly to the back of the bus, hopping in lightly. After quickly checking he confirmed that there was nobody in the vehicle and got to work. Pacing forward, he began to stick the sheets of card in the windows, making sure that the bottom of the windows were covered completely as the passengers would be visible from there. When the vehicle rocked a little from someone else stepping in Baekhyun spun around, relaxing when he saw that it was just Taehyung.

"It's okay, hyung is oiling the outside." Taehyung murmured as he began to load the materials in the luggage compartments above the seats. Though were storage under the bus, he didn't want to be exposed outside for longer than he needed to be. The two worked in silence, methodologically, with Baekhyun elegantly covering up the windows to the extent that only the light that peeked over the top of the cards made it into the bus.

It was as Taehyung was bringing the last bundle alongside a small crate of tools when he felt his skin crawl. Turning his head to the side, he saw someone with an unsteady gait and deranged eyes slowly approaching the school bus. Crap.

~
Jin glanced at the door leading to the smithy. Taehyung had gone a while ago to drop off the last of the materials he wanted to take with them, and he hadn't yet come back. It was strange because it hadn't taken him that long to go and return before. Was he okay?

Jin couldn't bring himself to go out and check while this group of children were looking at him so dependently. Sighing quietly to himself, Jin clapped his hands together lightly to get everyone's attention.