Upon saying that everyone became quiet and looked at the boy. Summer was bout to say something but, Max beat her to it. 

Max: "YOU DON'T GET IT I HAVE FOUGHT THESE THINGS BEFORE! MY FATHER AND I WEREN'T ABLE TO HOLD THEM OFF! THEY ARE MORE POWERFUL THAN ANY OF YOU! IF YOU FIGHT THEM THEN YOU WILL DIE ALONG WITH MY SIBLINGS AND ULFRIC. AND I REFUSE TO LET ANYMORE OF THE PEOPLE I LOVE DIE AT THE HANDS OF THESE DEMONS." He shouted sternly. 

Everyone now looked at the boy completely stunned at what he said. Max then took another breath and spoke out. 

Max: "If we try and fight them then my siblings will be killed and, the village will lose many people. This way if I lose then I'm the only one who dies and, everyone else gets to live. So please let me do this." He said in a pleading voice.

After a second or two Lydia stepped forward and, sat down on her knees in front of the boy. Max looked up at her and was met with teary eyes and, the worried face of his friend. 

Lydia: "(Crying) Please Max, don't do this I can't lose you." She said crying.

Max stepped up to her and placed a hand on her leg. 

Max: "I'm sorry Lydia but, I have to. If I don't then he will kill everyone and, I refuse to let that happen." He said with a small smile. 

Lydia then reached down and, picked Max up, and hugged him to her chest tightly. Max could feel her wet fur from her tears on his face. Nax quickly returned her hug by wrapping her arms around her neck. 

Lydia: "(Crying) But I can't lose you Max I ... I ... I love you, Max." 

Everyone was taken aback by this sudden confession from the young wolf. Max then looked up to her face and, bringing a hand up to her cheeks he cupped it with his hand. Lydia then looked down at the boy seeing his smile hadn't vanished he then opened his mouth and said. 

Max: "I love you too Lydia, but I won't let that demon lay a single finger on you...." 

Max was about to continue his sentence when the wicked voice of Apollyon filled his ears. 

Apollyon: "It is time boy, let us see if you can walk away with your and your sibling's life or, die by my hand." He said followed by an evil laugh. 

Max then looked up at Lydia and gave her a small nod. Even though she didn't want to Lydia returned him to the ground and, stood back up to her full height. Max looked back at her then to Summer and Mason. Both of them were crying at this knowing there wasn't much they could do. Max gave them a smile and said. 

Max: "Mom, dad, thank you so much for all you did for me. I wouldn't have asked for anyone else to be my mother and father. Please take care of my brother and sisters and never forget me." He said saddened. 

Summer and Mason both knelt down and hugged Max close to them. The boy was now in between his parents as they hugged him for what could be the last time. 

Mason: "And I wouldn't have asked for any other pup than you son." He said with a saddened smile.

But Summer tightened her hold on Max and said. 

Summer: "But I, just wish I could do more for you. I have failed to be a good mother and...." 

She was about to continue her statement when max cut her off. 

Max: "You have done more than enough for us mom. You took us in when we had nothing and when you didn't even know who we were. You gave us a place to sleep, food to eat, and above all you gave us love. You are a wonderful mom and we will never forget what you did for us." He said with a few tears of his own rolling down his face.