Chapter 16

No one's POV 

The room was quiet as everyone just stood around in complete shock while Max just sat on the bed completely speechless from what Mason had just said. 

Max's POV

Max just sat on the bed with his mind completely rattled. According to his father he was to kill Ulfric. He had a thousand thoughts flowing thru his head. But He was taken out of his train of thought when his mother spoke out. 

Summer: "Mason this can't be true. How can they expect him to kill Ulfric." She said still shocked about the news. 

Mason: "Well since Ulfric was originally apart of their hunting party and, with Max single handedly saved everyone from the bear they deemed he should be the one who gave him his punishment." He said while letting out a long sigh. 

Summer: "And when is all of this going to take place?" 

Mason: "They said they wanted us to bring him down to the main hall at once." 

Serana: " But he still needs to rest." She said with a concerned voice.

Tullius: "Serana we can't argue with what alpha wants." He said placing a hand on her shoulder "If they called for Max then we must take him to them at once." He said looking over to Max.

Max: "But I don't want to kill anybody." He shouted out. 

Everyone then looked over to him but before they could say anything Max beat them to the punch. 

Max: "What he did was wrong yes I will say that and lying about what happened is even worse but, that doesn't mean I will kill him." He said sternly. 

Mason: "Son we can't argue with what they say. So, we need to get you down there they are waiting for us right now." He said motioning towards the door. 

Seeing no way out of this Max just let out a sigh and nodded his head. Summer then walked over to him and carefully picked him up bridal style. 

Summer: "Don't worry my pup everything will be ok." She said with a smile. 

Seeing her smile helped a little but, Max new she was faking it. He could tell easily that she was just as worried as he was. Summer then walked out of the house with him while everyone else followed close behind. 

After a few moments of walking towards the main hall Max looked around and noticed that no one was around. 

Max: "Hey Mom where is everyone?" He said looking around.

Mason: " They are all at the main hall awaiting the trial my pup."

Max: "O" He was all he could say.

Max just laid his head on Summer's shoulder.Even though the warm and soft feeling of her fur was the most comfortable thing ever Max couldn't smile his mind was just dwelling on what was to come. Feeling this Summer brought her hand up and placed against his head holding him even closer to her body.  

She knew all too well that he did not want to do this. The only she could think of right now is to comfort him as much as possible and hopefully they would find a way to avoid all of this.

Summer: "Don't worry my pup everything is going to be fine." She said in a gentle motherly voice.

Max: "I hope so mom." He said leaning further into her warm soft fur.

After what felt like an eternity the group finally reached the main hall. Mason walked up first and opened the door. Everyone quickly entered and upon so Max looked around and saw all the wolves from the village were here. He saw Kai and Silver sitting at the end of the room and, he saw Ulfric who was tied up sitting on his knees in front of them.