Chapter 25

No one's POV

The sun was halfway over the treetops leaving the sky bristling with colors of red, orange, and yellow. A gentle breeze blew the forest and the birds were singing their final songs of the night. 

Down in the village, the wolves had finished their tasks for the day and, were now communing with each other. Some entered the inn/tavern for a drink and hot meal. 

But not all were at peace. Upon the highest peak overlooking the whole village the Alpha ghoul Apollyon and what remained of his pack. Unlike other days a massive grin was on his face as he eyed the family of the two wolves and humans. 

Apollyon's POV

Apollyon: "At last I will get what is owed to me. Their foolish parents thought they could protect them from me and now they are dead. Now, these wolves say they can keep me away but, not for long." He said with a smile on his face. 

Then one of his minions stepped forward and spoke.

Ghoul: "My lord when do we go down and retrieve those human brats?" 

Apollyon just laughed at his minion's question. 

Apollyon: "There will be no need for that the children will come to us." 

This greatly confused the other ghouls. How and why would the children come to them. Upon seeing their confusion Apollyon let out a growl of annoyance and then said. 

Apollyon: "That idiot wolf and his friends are going to grab those brats and bring them to us." He said in an annoyed tone.

The ghouls finally understood their master's plan and every one of them smiled. 

Ghoul: "That is brilliant my lord." He said happily. 

Apollyon just rolled his eyes and looked back to the village. Now all he had to do was wait for hawk and his friends to bring the kids back. Then an idea came to his head he quickly turned back facing his ghouls and said.

Apollyon: "However just in case that mutt fails I want you all to do something for me."

He started to explain his plan to his minions and once he finished they all head out into the village.

No one's POV

Down in the village right behind Summer and Mason's house Hawk's friend Omega was holding a torch ready to set the house lit. While he was there Hawk and his other friend Timber were standing off to the side waiting to strike.

Hawk's POV

Hawk's mind: " This is full proof once Omega sets the fire everyone is going to try and put it out. That's when we will grab those brats and turn them over to Apollyon." He thought happily. 

Timber: "Hawk here they come." He said pointing down the road. 

Hawk looked down the road and sure enough saw the Summer, Mason, and those brats they call their pups.  Upon seeing than a wicked smile grew across his face. 

Hawk: "Alright let's do this." He said sternly. 

Hawk and Timber stood up and headed to their designated spots. While Omega stood by ready to set the family's home ablaze. 

Max's POV

Max was so happy to be back home with his family. He looked over to see Summer and Mason holding his brother and sisters to their chests. Seeing them only reminded him of his birth parents.