Chapter 21

No one's POV (Two days later)

The sun was peeking over the mountains painting the sky with beautiful of red, yellow, and orange with just a few clouds scattered around. 

During that time the children worked very hard at their jobs. William continued to work at the blacksmith shop alongside Elrindir and Adrianne. While Susan and Rachel worked with Wilson and Lucy at their shop. And showing their constant drive to work hard and help the village where ever they could earned the respect of almost every wolf in the village. 

But right now Max and Lukas were about to finish up their last hunt. They were told by Summer that they would be leaving to head back towards the village after they all came back. She told them that they had about three to four hours before they headed back. 

Max's POV

 Max and Lukas were laying down beside a fallen tree carefully watching a small clearing they saw several deer feeding at a day earlier. 

Max was in a prone position aiming his rifle towards the clearing. Lukas was sitting right beside him with an arrow notched on his bow and both boys were ready to fire at a second's notice. And as they were watching Lukas spoke up. 

Lukas: "(Whispering) Hey Max can I ask you a question?" He said with a hint of nervousness. 

Max: "(Whispering) Sure dude what is it?" He said quickly glancing at him. 

Lukas" (Whispering) Well I was wondering, do you think Susan would ever like a guy like me?" He said nervously.

Max gave off a small chuckle knowing full well that Lukas was in love with his sister. He took a second to gather himself then he spoke up. 

Max: "(Whispering) Yeah I think you would be a good match for her."

Lukas: "Wait seriously." He said raising his voice a little. 

Max: "(Whispering) Keep your voice down." He said sternly. "(Whispering) And yes she would like you but, the really question is getting our dad to approve of you." He said with a smile. 

Lukas: "(Whispering) Yeah and that is going to be the hardest part." He said in a worried tone. 

Lukas raised his hand to speak further but, Max cut him off. 

Max: "(Whispering) Lukas look tow bucks just entered the clearing." He said pointing towards the small clearing. 

Lukas looked up and saw that he was right one eight point and one six point bucks slowly trotted into the clearing. 

Max: "(Whispering) I'll take the one on the right you get the one on the left." 

Lukas: "(Whispering) Alright got it." He said nodding his head. 

Both hunters took careful aim at their targets. They breathed in and out slowly waiting for the perfect moment to fire. The only sounds that were heard were the boy's breathing and the sound of the wind rustling the tree leafs.  They waited for a few more seconds till the deer where right in the center of the clearing then they fired. 

Max managed to hit his deer right in both lungs killing it very quickly. While Lukas's arrow struck the deer hit in his heart. 

Max: "Yes that was awesome." He said in excitement. "Alright let's get the deer and get back to the others." 

Lukas: "Alright sounds good to me." He said with a smile. 

They stood up and walked down from their spot towards their kills. Once they arrived at the deers Lukas knelt down and carefully pulled out his arrow and whipped the blood off of it before returning it to his quiver. While Max placed his rifle hang on his back with its strap.