ˢⁱᵈᵉ ᵉᶠᶠᵉᶜᵗ

Start from the beginning

"His blood can help Trevor heal like he didn't get hurt at all. If my song and tears can do it. In Kitsch case, his blood can heal like I can."

"You're saying this just now!? Now that he's dying!!!" Coleen cried furiously. A slight hint of anger and pain dancing on her face.

"I'm sorry. But I figured that if we healers helped each other to keep him safe. I thought it will be enough. And besides. Drawing Kitsch blood is too dangerous. It has too be done very carefully otherwise it might cause havoc among all of us. Especially the dark creatures." Ysabella explained to the her in a very wary tone.

"Come on. We can't stay here. Ysabella can handle this. Let's wait outside." Yalex said to Coleen and gestured the girl wait with him outside.

Coleen insisted to stay but Ysabella warned that they won't do it if she keeps being stubborn.
So with a heavy heart. She let go of her tight grip on Trevor's hand and left the room with Yalex.

She couldn't help but cry silently as they both sat in the kitchen. Waiting for Ysabella to call them.

She could feel the fear inflicting her entire body. It made her tremble and cry. The last time she went through this was when she was watching her people get slaughtered in front of her eyes.

And now. The fear of losing him was making her lose her sanity.

"Don't worry. I had to bring you with me. If things go wrong. You have to make sure I back off." Yalex said to her with a nonchalant tone.

"W-what do you mean?" Confused. Coleen looked at him while wiping her tears away.

"You heard her. Dragon blood makes dark creatures go crazy. Do you remember what happened when Ysabella draw out her blood at the sate manor? It made Rhian lose control and Trevor knew better that he needed to back off or he'll lose control too." Yalex explained and turned to look at Coleen.

The sorceress quickly jolted from her seat upon seeing the strange color of his eyes. And his face. It was glitching into his original form every 5 seconds. It was making her fear worse and she was having goosebumps all over her body.

"If phoenix blood have that kind of effect on us. It's way worse with dragon blood. That's why Samuel had to keep everyone outside. But he might join us any moment now since you're too weak and emotional to try and hold me back." He spat with an eery wild tone.

He wasn't wrong, although it was Blue who barged in the cottage. His gaze immediately went serious when he saw Yalex current state.

"I think we should go outside. It's too dangerous if you stay here." Blue stated calmly as he observes each of the demon's movements.

"Yalex." He called and Yalex slowly landed his piercing gaze on him.

"Please. He's your mate. You are stronger than your lust. You have to control yourself." He muttered and Yalex suddenly slammed the table as he stood up. Coleen nearly screamed as she flinched and immediately stood on the other side of the table.

"And what does a depressed angel like you! Knows about someone like me!" He growled and stalked towards the angel with his footsteps echoing all over the kitchen.

"You're better than this Yalex. Let's go outside and cool your head. If your energy continues to spike up, it will only hurt Trevor." Blue continued to speak. Not showing any sign of fear at all.

"B-Blue's right. It's not just your mate who's gonna get hurt if you lose your control. Ysabella and Kitsch will be hurt too." Coleen said and Yalex suddenly snapped his head to her direction. She swore she heard something break because of his aggressive movement.

"Right." The demon sighed and let out a deep huff.

"I'll go out. Blue can accompany me to loosen up in the forest. And you. Put a shield around the cottage." Yalex said as his face slowly morphed back into his much lookable appearance.

"Why?" Coleen asked as she follows the two walking out of the cottage.

But before they could answer her. Coleen saw the others from afar.
She would've attacked in instinct if she didn't know who was making a ruckus in her home.

Samuel, Jade and Yvel were holding Rhian on her arms as she continues to thrash like a rogue vampire.
She have that same look again when she smelled Ysabella's blood. The memories of Coleen getting nearly killed by the bloodsucker suddenly came back and it ticked her off.

Rhian kept trying to break free from their grasp and attempt to invade the cottage.
They kept trying to restrain her and even put her in ice. But she's too strong that all they can do is keep the tight grip on her arms or else she'll attack the others in the cottage.

"I think you should go. The last time Rhian's like that, you're the only one who managed to calm her." Yalex suggested but Blue immediately shook his head as they watch the three struggling to pull the vampire to the trees.

"No. I trust Samuel to keep her away from here. But it's you I don't trust." He said and looked bluntly at the demon.

"If you go rouge. Those twins. Instead of being real, you might end up turning them into myths."

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.