ᵈᵉᵉᵖ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰᵗˢ

"I've never seen any of your past or future." Samuel said and Jade quickly looked up to him with disbelief. Their faces only a mere inches apart.

"W-what do you mean by that?" She asked.

"It's kind'a strange actually." He said as he leaned back and crossed his arms.

"I only see future possibilities from you only when you're with someone that I could be seeing again. So it really depends if you're with someone that is involve with me. But if we're together and you're by yourself. I can't see anything like there's a firewall protecting you." Samuel explained while chuckling in between.

Jade could only mouth an 'O' as she finally understand what he meant.

"You have no idea how frustrared that made me feel. You're the only one who have something that I could never try to foresee. So it feels really clueless with you at times." He said while scratching the back of his head.

"That's fascinating to hear! You're making it sound like I'm special!" She laughed and her eyes closed as she laughed and lightly hit Samuel on his arm.

"Well you are special!" The prince said in a rather simple way but enough to make the mermaid a blushing mess.

Causing the atmosphere to get more awkward. Samuel cleared his throat and decided to ask his previous question again.

"So... Aren't you going to tell me why they sent you on land?" He asked while fiddling with his fingers.

"I-It's a... a little embarassing though..." she said and lowered her head to hide her now heating up cheeks.

"I-is that so? I-if it's uncomfortable. You don't have to tell me." He said, hoping he did not force the girl or something.

"Y-you'll keep this a secret okay? Promise?" She asked with the littlest voice and Samuel couldn't help but coo and just want to hug her right now. But that would be rude.

"I promise!" Samuel said happily and waited for the girl to speak.

"M-my people h-had been sending purebloods to land due to one main reason."

"It's been a while... since our population slowly depletes. There aren't much of males to mate with during mating season. We have no babies anymore."

Samuel silently gasped at the new information. He didn't have any idea that mermaids had been having a very concerning problem with their population.

"The ocean is now polluted. And many tribes finds it hard to find new virgin places to reproduce without being spotted by humans. So we decided to go on land to mate with humans. Hoping we could increase our population. Which is why we now have half-blooded mermaids. But that wasn't enough because there aren't many purebloods now." Jade explained very carefully.

She could only hope that Samuel won't judge her people for being so desperate to increase their pureblood population.

"I-is that why they send you on land? To uh... m-mate too?" Samuel asked as he too felt an increase of temperature on his cheeks.

"I-it's different... I mean. A few changes was made. My mother gave me a different order." She said and felt like curling down into a ball because of embarassment.

"Your mother? By means the current queen of seven seas?" Samuel asked with a rather amused expression.

"Yeah." Jade replied shortly.

Samuel noticed how uncomfortable Jade had become. So he decided to stop asking about the topic.

"It's alright Jade. You don't need to tell me if it's really not comfortable for you. I understand." He said and ruffled the girl's hair to cheer her up.