ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳᵍʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵐⁱⁿᵉ ⁱ

Yvel halted walking upon the feeling of yet another strong gust of wind. It didn't took long until the land of bones began having strong earthquakes.

Yvel saw how tons of whirlpools started forming everywhere. It's like something is sucking all the bones from beneath.

She knows there won't be any escape. This could only mean that it's already been three hours and the place is subject to change.

She needs to be more wary and careful. Yvel held the dragon tight. Waiting for the bones beneath her feet to get sucked downwards.

A few minutes. The moon goddess felt the loss of gravity and found herself getting pulled down. The air was tight and the bad smell of bones was making it harder for her to breath.

But she needed to wait. She needed to be patience. And soon enough, the two dropped on a hard and warm ground.

Yvel groaned as she tries to sit up. And to her surprise. The bones are gone in a snap and all she sees now are moisted walls. A hot and suffocating atmosphere surrounding her.

"Come." She called to the dragon and Kitsch quickly hopped on her palm and crawled to her shoulder.

"I guess this is the mine that Samuel was talking about." She said to him and looked at the wall. The place is very narrow and there aren't any accurate height from the ceiling. So you may really find yourself crawling from time to time while trying to find a way out.

"We have to be careful from ruining the walls. We don't wanna find ourselves swimming in magma."

+×+

Jade hurried as she finally spotted a land after the three hours of swim. It felt like eternity and she didn't know she will be thankful to step on land again than she ever did on going back to water.

However. As she was making her way to the land. She spotted a familiar figure lying almost dead on the shore.
Jade swam quickly and made it to the shore in time.

This time, the transformation to her human form was more painful because of the blood that felt like acids burning on her fair skin.

The mermaid tried to catch her breath as the pain still lingers. But when she turned to where she had seen the body. She was beyond surprised to see Coleen with her many injuries.

Jade immediately stood up. But when she tried to take a step forward. Her body fell down as if it had forgotten how to walk.
She started crawling to the girl as tears began streaming her cheeks.

She was afraid that Coleen may be dead. Especially that she couldn't see the rise and fall of her chest.

"Coleen!!!" She screamed.

The sorceress opened her eyes weakly. When she saw Jade. She felt the tiniest of hope crawling back to her. But then the pain returned to remind her that she will die soon.

"Coleen!!! You're gonna be alright! Just stay with me!" She said the sooner she made it close to her.

Jade tried to heal her wounds. But the sooner she have seen how bad it had become. She became doubtful and her mind went totally blank. Unsure of what's to do best.

"Y-you're gonna be okay. Please stay..." she whimpered and tried to use her magic to heal the girl's wounds.

However her wounds had been infected. Especially with how long it was left like that without being given a first aid. Not to mention that the wounds were inflicted by demonic creatures.
It was beyond of what Jade can do with healing.