ᵇᵉˢᵗ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ

Yvel finally woke up and took atleast three hours to freak out and process that she is a destined dragon rider.

The sooner she realized that the dragon was the one creature that has been waiting for her for millenias. She first remember the words of her dead mother.

So it was a dragon that's been waiting for her arrival. And now she's here.

The dragon is named Kitsch Llanis Herus while the phoenix is named Ysabella Herus.

They decided to leave the cave especially the dark creatures who had become aggravated for not being able to use their powers.

The dragon had gotten easily tired for playing too much so Yvel decided to let him rest for now. Jessi escorted them to the dragon's own room.
It was pretty impressive with how Samuel and Jessi had decorated it according to what kind of atmosphere the dragon would need.

While they were putting the dragon to rest. The others went to the living area.

Trevor took this opportunity to talk to Blue in private. The two went to the kitchen while the others are busy talking about the phoenix and the dragon.

"About earlier... What was Yvel talking about?" Trevor asked. Looking directly at Blue with a blunt expression.

Blue felt truly offended. As much as he wanted to think that he should have expected this. He still feel offended to say the least. His loyalty is obviously being questioned. And now he must prove himself innocent.

"I trust your judgement Trevor..." Blue mumbled and lifted his left hand.

A purple mist began to appear like earlier at the cave. It started moving to random directions creating clouds of figures of people and animals doing all kinds of unholy things. There were small vouces and screams lurking around the figures.

Soon. The mist dissipated within a split second and another mist in a terrifying black shade appeared.
Blue's face began to have strings of black veins. It crawled from his neck up to his cheeks. And his once beautiful marble-like orbs turned into pitch black.

Trevor felt a strong negative presence coming from him. One like the elders of his people. Like those who have seen many deaths.
Yalex for example.
Trevor could feel his body overwhelmed by the presence. It was very strong and powerful.

Is this why he doesn't even flinch on Yalex? Because he possesses dark magic?
The sorcerer ask to himself upon watching the older male.

He became more worried that the others might run in on them by accident and see him in this form.

"They won't feel my presence except you. That's how powerful this dark magic makes me that I can choose only who I want to know my presence." Blue explained sensing the confusion from Trevor's face.

Trevor blinked his eyes rapidly and Blue suddenly turned back to his normal self. The one who looked bright and sometimes an id**t.

"Who else knows about this?" Trevor asked.

"Just you and Yvel. But now that someone else know. I think it's only a matter of time before the others find out as well." Blue said with a hint of frustration.

He was afraid.
What if they doubt him too like they did on Trevor?
What if Rhian gets mad at him? Or worse hate him?

"Y-you don't think... t-they'll hate me right? I-I'm not as strong as you... I don't think I can handle that kind of treatment like you did." Blue mumbled to himself as the images of possible events began to sink in his mind like his demons hunting him to kill himself.

Maybe I should just kill myself!

That has been my one and only plan since the beginning!

I'm just gonna make everything worse!

I should end this.

Once they find out. They'll show their true colors.

Nobody cares.

I'm better off dead.

Nobody needs me.

They're better off without me.

Nobody wants---

"Enough!!!" Trevor half-yelled with his eyes closed and his fist slammed on the kitchen counter.

Blue looked at him with a flustered expression.

Is he mad at me?

Maybe I shouldn't have told him...

Maybe I shouldn't have exposed myself at all. I was doing fine keeping it all to myself.

What was I thinking?
Is he going to hate me now?

Am I losing my only best friend?

"No!" Trevor huffed in a much calmer tone.

He lifted his hand to rub his temple and he looked oddly frustrated.

"Blue. I guess this is how we are similar to each other. We both have gone through so much to the point that death is what we think would be the best choice for us." The sorcerer stated and pulled a stool to sit at. Blue did the same and faced Trevor with a safe distance.

"The only difference we make... Is that you overthink and I don't. And that you are a good person..." Trevor added and let out a soft smile.

Blue smiled back at him and lowered his gaze.

"You're a very good person too Trevor."

"We're best friends right? To be honest... You're the only one I could relate with... Or talk very comfortably... Just like now..." Blue mumbled and felt a tear escaped his eyes.

"Yes. We're best friends!" Trevor chuckled and Blue ended up doing the same.

How odd that Blue was contemplating to just kill himself earlier. And now here they are, smiling and finding comfort from each other.

"I promise I'll keep your secret until you are ready to tell them. Don't worry because as promised, I'll always have your back." Trevor assured and Blue smiled widely at him before nodding his head vigorously.

"I'd really love a hug. But I can only hug soulless people." Blue moped as he pouted.

"You can always hug your vampire crush!" Trevor teased. Completely satisfied at how Blue blushed as his reaction.

"S-shut up! S-she might hear you!" The angel whisper yelled and threw a pot holder to him which didn't even reached the sorcerer at all.

Trevor laughed. Probably the most genuine one he had ever made after being away from all the troubles of his people. He was used of fake laughing like it's natural.
But the moment right now is too sincere to him and he considers Blue as an important person.

"Let's keep a promise together okay? Let's stay alive. No more secrets... If ever one's in trouble, we'll always have each other's back." Trevor stated in a calm manner and Blue quickly nodded his head with a very gleeful smile.

"Promise! We won't die on each other!"

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.