~Learning to Trust Again~

(Y/n) POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's two months since Shota and 'Zashi took me in. They've been fostering me while the police and a worker lady try to find a permanent home for me. I do appreciate them all doing this for me, but in reality, I don't wanna leave.

'Zashi never fails to make me smile and Shota gives me a source of comfort. They care for me, and it's nice.

Last week, I met their friend, Kayama Nemuri, who insisted that I call her Auntie Nem. I like Auntie, she gives nice hugs and she's nice and funny. She and 'Zashi enjoy teasing Shota. It's all in good fun, of course, but it's funny to hear Shota's reactions. I was kinda sad when Auntie had to leave, but she promised to visit again so I'm excited about that.

Apparently, 'Zashi just started a radio show. He calls it "Put Your Hands Up Radio" which Shota thinks is a silly name. I like it though, it suits 'Zashi's personality. 'Zashi always does the show late at night, past my bedtime. Since I was sad about not being able to listen to it, 'Zashi always makes sure to make a separate recording of it to play for me in the morning. I love hearing all the music he plays, even though I don't understand the words.

'Zashi started teaching me English as well as helping me to not be so formal. He says that I should "talk like a kid and just chill out. Have fun, y'know?" It's going okay, though it's kinda hard. Shota, 'Zashi, Auntie, and I are all learning braille together. It's hard, but I'm getting better at it every day. Shota also got me a white cane! It helps me walk around and stuff. I appreciate all of them a lot.

Since 'Zashi, Shota, and Auntie Nem are younger, newer heroes, they aren't super famous yet (though Shota said he likes it that way). Shota didn't let me listen to the recording of Auntie's debut and said something about it being inappropriate. I got to listen to 'Zashi's though! He was excited to show it to me. Sadly, Shota didn't have a video or anything of his debut. He said it's cause he's what he calls an underground hero; a hero who does work only at night and stays out of the public eye.

Today, the worker lady came to the apartment. Shota called me to the kitchen. When I walked in, the three of them were at the table, waiting for me.

"Hello, (y/n). Come sit at the table, we have to discuss something." The lady instructed. I heard a chair being pushed back and then 'Zashi's footsteps coming toward me. He took my hand and led me over to the open seat. 'Zashi returned to his chair next to me, Shota on my other side with the woman across from me.

"So, this is regarding the matter of where you will be living permanently." I frowned a bit at this. I love living with 'Zashi and Shota. The two of them looked after me, protected me, and took care of me. They are kind, they helped me learn to trust again. They feel like home. I want to stay, but I know I can't.

"It turns out, we have a couple that is willing to adopt you. They are very nice people, and I think you will like them a lot." She told me. "May I ask who they are?"

"(Y/n)," Shota started. "We love having you here. I know it's only been a couple of months but both 'Zashi and I agreed we just can't let you go." I must have looked a bit confused because 'Zashi spoke next. "We would need you to agree to make anything official, but we wanted to adopt you. If you'll let us, that is."

I don't understand... why? I thought it was a bother. Who would want a blind girl? One with a villainous quirk? I know what Shota said about quirks, and how they always both seemed genuinely happy with me; but are they sure? It doesn't make sense.

"Why? I'm blind, I have a villain quirk, I'm clumsy, aren't I a bother? You guys are still only twenty, you're young. I'll only get in the way. I don't get it, why would you want me? I—-" "(Y/n)! It's okay. You're none of those things. We are younger, yeah, but that means nothing. We love having you here. We would love for you to be our daughter." Shota tells me, his hand holding mine over the table.