CHAPTER TWO

I stared at myself in the mirror across the room. I can feel my cheeks warmth as I leave myself in a daydream of where we both can be. A family. After years of spending our lives in each other company. Every mischief and journey with her by my side.

Unsuspectedly. Mother entered the room dressed in gold while she sat down beside me. She told me how things change, both good and bad. Pulling out a letter attached with a gift from her bag.

"Your father, son. Before he died, he wanted to write you a letter when it's time for you to go." I remember how your father laughs at what he wrote for you, and now is the time for you to shed light on your father's words.

Her gentle words remind me of how she and my father were together. Happy as long as she is with her, as he is with her, together, no matter the circumstances. Like how a child is pleased with the simple things in life, and I want that for us, for Elane.

Families, friends, and other loved ones came to celebrate our binding, not as two flesh. But together as one. The church glistened with each light that encircles it. The flowers filled the air marking the coming of spring, the shedding of trees to start anew, and the singing of birds to their lover's delight.

The ceremony started with its endearing entrance, my bride. Her parents held her down the aisle as they beamed for her happiness in life.

Richard patted the back of my tuxedo commending the wedding we planned, yet I somehow couldn't hear him talk. All I could see is her, walking towards the altar. In the future, we have always talked about.

"And so, in the presence of the Church, I ask you to state your intentions... Are you prepared, as you follow the path of Marriage, to love and honor each other for as long as you both shall live?"

"Yes, father." As I heard her say the words of life to my heart, I can't help but smile at her as I held back tears.

"I, Elijah Maltimore, take you, Elane Freiy, to be my wife. I promise to be faithful to you, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honor you all the days of my life."

The guests were silenced as the grave when she hasn't responded, then she smiled.

"I do. I love you, Eli." The moment I kissed her lips, the whole world turned into a blur like the speeding stars on a blue moon.

The air was intoxicated, with chemicals I can only perceive as love, with the air warm resembling the start of a new day.

Everyone threw petals of flowers from above as we walked hand in hand through the main doors. Outside is a carriage prepared exactly, as Elane dreamt of, carried by four white horses. I could recall her calling out at me when she described it. The interior is covered in velvet in red and golden designs as if we live in a fairytale. And that I'm married to her, to the woman I love.

"When did you get the time to prepare this?" Her brows collided in confusion.

"I have my specialty of managing time." Her lips quirked for a moment. Riding in a carriage does have its perks of getting attention. In the mansion guests, and servants move in sync with only their clothes to differentiate each one.

I took Elane by the hand and escorted her out to the garden. "Amazing." She exhaled while she grasped everything around.

"What an outstanding man you are, Elijah Maltimore. You never did cease to impress me." She held the vines intertwined with lights, the trees filled with white flowers as they fell slowly down her body, and the river full of fishes in orange, white, and red. And the towering cake she picked a day ago.