𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐲

maybe just one more try

as the girls ate dinner with their parents who were now home, Jane began playing with her steak by stabbing it with her metal fork several times. "this isn't play with your food time. now eat" Jeannie looked over at Jane. "i'm not playing with my food, i'm making sure there's nothing inside" Jane shook her head.

"like what? you think i'm blind?" Jeannie protested. "no mom, i'm just hoping i won't find nuts. you know i'm allergic to them" Jane shook her head once again. "what kind?" John asked, trying to be funny. Nancy was very close to spitting out the orange juice she was drinking. "stop it John, wrong timing" Jeannie retorted.

"y'know Jane, maybe you ought to see the doctor" John said as he finished his dinner. "no John, that's not necessary. Jane's doing fine, maybe it's about Henry" Jeannie insisted. "he'll be okay.. i'll just miss him for a while, besides it's two weeks in florida," Jane lied. "i'm full, i'm gonna go to my room" she said, getting up from her chair and started making her way to her room.

"Jane's never like this, especially when she likes a boy," John spoke. "what do you mean?" Jeannie asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "remember when she was a little girl and she liked this young boy Michael?" John asked. "yes, i remember. and when she asked us if she could go outside so that she could get flowers from the garden to give to him" Jeannie chuckled lightly.

"mom stop, that was embarrassing" Nancy shook her head, not wanting to hear or even remember those ignominious memories. "c'mon, it was cute" Jeannie squealed. "it really was" John nodded. "whatever, i'm just gonna go back to my room" Nancy said, getting up and walking over to her room.

Nancy decided to go check up on Jane instead. she knocked on the door, earning a faint 'come in' from Jane, Nancy walked inside and sat down on the bean bag chair.

"ever since we came home you've been talking less, eating less, and you look a bit pale. what's with you?" Nancy asked. "okay," Jane began with a sigh. "so when we were walking home, i'm starting to realize that i'm losing feelings for Henry. he's sweet and stuff, but i miss Sodapop's bubbly personality" Jane continued.

"what if i call him and maybe ask about Two-bit?" Nancy asked with a small grin. "i don't think it's necessary" Jane shook her head. "i think it is. after all, we need to know why Sodapop's ignoring you" Nancy considered. "i guess you're right.." Jane nodded, still very reluctant to do so. 

"lemme see if mom and dad are still eating" Nancy sprinted out the door, checking over at the kitchen to hopefully nit find her parents. she springed back to Jane's room. "they're not there anymore, let's go" Nancy pulled Jane's hand, basically dragging her to the kitchen.

Nancy grabbed the phone and dialed Sodapop's number, hoping he'd answer. "hello, could i please talk to Sodapop?" Nancy asked as she looked over at Jane, who looked very nervous. "hi... so Jane's not with me at the moment," Nancy lied. "but... she says that you've been ignoring her lately, what's wrong?" she asked. "oh, i see," she nodded. "um.. can i talk to Two-bit please?" Nancy smiled sheepishly.

Jane rolled her eyes in a playful manner, then walked back to her room.

❦❦❦❦❦

"i'm back" Nancy spoke as she walked inside Jane's room. "what'd he say?" Jane asked, looking up at her. "i can't say anything, but he did say that he wants to see you at buck's in two days" Nancy replied. "two days.." Jane mumbled, then nodded. "if you want i can come too, Two-bit's going as well" Nancy offered.

"yes please," Jane nodded, smiling. "i hope we can actually fix things, i guess" Jane shrugged. "i think y'all actually will, he said that he had lots to explain," Nancy reassured. "but... can i tell you something?" Nancy asked, desperately hoping that Jane wouldn't get furious about what she was about to say.

"yeah sure, what is it?" Jane asked, looking at Nancy. "so.. y'know how Sodapop's ignoring you right?" Nancy asked first. "mhm" Jane hummed with a nod. "okay so i think he's ignoring you because of Cherry and Marcia and how they introduced you to Henry," Nancy said, emphasizing their names with a very rude tone. "have you ever thought of that?" she asked.

"well.. not really, no" Jane shook her head. "and to come think of it, Cherry's been acting very weird too" Nancy continued. "yeah she's been kinda strange these past few days... she was like really serious at first, but then she started showing that sense of joy when i started hanging out with Henry" Jane admitted, now realizing Cherry's plan all along. her plan was to set up Henry and Jane then Sodapop would ignore her, so now she wouldn't hear anything about him coming from Jane's mouth.

"oh gosh," Jane let out a very frustrated sigh. "i was too stupid" she ran a hand through her hair. "don't worry, maybe later on you'll find out why she did it. nobody does something for no reason" Nancy reassured her sister. "i guess" Jane shrugged, now disinterested in the topic.

"so.. anything new between you and Two-bit?" Jane asked, grinning. "well.. we are gonna meet up at buck's in two days.. so.." Nancy trailed off. "oh, i see," Jane nodded. "i think i'm gonna go to sleep, i gotta go meet Two-bit at the lot, he's gonna start coming to school tomorrow" Nancy yawned, getting up from the bean bag chair. "goodnight" Jane nodded.

Nancy started walking out of Jane's room, but drowsily. Jane closed the door after Nancy walked out then laid down on her bed, as she laid down, she only had one thing to look forward to, her little reunion with Sodapop.

hi lovelies!!

hi lovelies!!

sorry for not posting soon enough, i was very tired and i'm over here listening to 80s music while enjoying my new bed. pls forgive me

so, this book is about to end (i was actually very, very surprised) and honestly, i'm kinda glad..

on monday night, i was continuing "about last night..." (1986) and i loved it so much and although it has to do with [mature] stuff, it sort of helped me come up with another fanfic idea (i know, i must stop..)

stay gold ✨

~ alma