𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝

or am i the best thing you've had?

after a long breezy walk, Jane and Nancy arrived at the DX. but before they'd even walk inside, a group of fancy dressed boys stepped in front of them, a young guy stepping closer. "hey ladies," one of them spoke with an unappealing grin, he was also very, very short on looks. "why don't i take you somewhere else, somewhere away from greasers?" he asked, emphasizing the last part with an evident lack of kindness.

"no thank you," Nancy flashed him a fake smile. "how about you go fuck off?" she asked, her smile fading away as she have him a death glare. "no can do m'lady" he said, grinning wider. that grin just made his face way more unappealing. "please stop," Jane spoke, not wanting to be rude or anything. "nope" the guy simply replied-not man, it was the way that he was acting, it made him much more of a brute, not a "guy".

"get away from us before-" Nancy was then cut off by another guy. "let me guess y'all are gonna call the cops?boo hoo!" he mocked as there were now choruses of loud laugher. "that's the last thing i'd do, but as i was about to say, i'd chop off your heads... maybe chase you down the street until y'all are dead meat" Nancy smirked as the guys were now looking at each other, eyes widening. "i-i'm sorry" the guy said as they all got in their car and drive off.

"wow Nancy, how'd you get so courageous? i could never" Jane let out a sigh of relief. "i don't know. but calm down will you? they're gone" Nancy said, opening the door as the very gentle sound of the bell began to ring. "yeah, i suppose i could calm down now," Jane nodded, hesitantly walking inside. "you brought money?" Jane asked. "mhm, i was finally able to remind myself for once" Nancy chuckled.

"good, because i wasn't even gonna spend my money on you this time" Jane rolled her eyes. "whatever" Nancy said, gently closing the door behind her. "mornin' ladies," a guy spoke, Jane had never seen him once. "morning" Jane nodded, smiling. "hey, aren't you that girl that Soda just doesn't seem to stop talking about?" the young man asked, showing a hint of curiosity.

"depends on what he says" Jane replied. "he likes to talk about her blue eyes, he says that if it were a pool, he'd drown in it" he admitted. "since when was he poetical?" Jane asked, scrunching her eyebrows confusedly. "so it is you huh?" he asked. "i guess so," Jane shrugged. "but i don't see the point of him being like this if he's been ignoring me for two days now. do you know why?" Jane asked, hopefully able to get an honest answer.

"i don't know, sorry" he answered. "it's alright.." Jane trailed off, then walked over to Nancy. "can you buy me some candy? i'm gonna go outside and wait for you" Jane asked. "why?" Nancy asked, unwilling to spend her money on her sister. "hey! you still owe me for making me spend my money on your stuff" Jane crossed her arms.

"okay fine, i'll get you those chocolates you love" Nancy said, walking over to the candy section. "great" Jane grinned and walked outside. hm, maybe i could ditch Henry, Jane thought to herself.

after a while, Nancy came back with a bag of gumdrops and a small box of chocolates. "thanks" Jane quickly grabbed the box from her sister's grip and opened it, taking out a small chocolate and then vanished as Jane quickly devoured it. "someone's hungry" Nancy teased. "well yeah, mom hid the chocolates, so what was i gonna do about it?" Jane asked.

"i would've found them anyway, i watch mom and where she hides every single thing" Nancy grinned. "that's the stupidest thing you've ever done besides putting a huge tarantula on mom's fur coat when you were six" Jane chuckled. "oh.." Nancy gulped slight and looked at the ground.

❦❦❦❦❦

the door slammed shut, Jane and Nancy walking inside their house. "so much for getting to see loverboy hm?" Nancy asked, breaking the silence that had been going on for a while. "i don't wanna see him, what's the point of trying to talk to him if he won't talk to me or answer my calls, something Ponyboy has to do, or even look at me" Jane shook her head.

"what if he's ignoring you because of that Henry dude? he's probably jealous or something" Nancy reassured Jane, trying to get her hopes up. "no," Jane shook her head, sighing. "it can't be that. besides, i remembered that greasers like him will just break my heart. maybe Henry could be the one" Jane smiled sheepishly.

"are you nuts?" Nancy asked in disbelief. "nope. if Sodapop wants to be like that, he can be like that, i'll just ignore him too" Jane said, crossing her arms and sat down on the couch. "you're probably exaggerating, just.. give it time" Nancy sighed. "time? time? he'll take a century to try to say something to me. i'll probably be in a graveyard!" Jane exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

"y'know, if you're just too much of a chicken to admit it, why not step out of your comfort zone?" Nancy asked as she looked over at the window, smiling widely. "why should i? and why are you smiling?" Jane asked, looking at where Nancy was looking. "get away" Nancy hissed, until Jane noticed who her younger sister was looking at. Nancy's eyes were on Two-bit, one of Ponyboy's friends.

"oh my god, Nancy, you like someone?" Jane asked, a sly grin appearing on her face. "no!" Nancy shook her head, it was lucid that she was lying. "yes you do, you're literally looking at Two-bit" Jane rolled her eyes. "is it really that obvious?" Nancy blushed lightly. "yeah, just like how obvious it is that you like him" Jane giggled. "oh shut it" Nancy rolled her eyes.

"nope," Jane said, getting up from the couch and walked over to the kitchen. "how about you talk to him or something?" Jane asked. "we do talk at school, but he's sometimes ditching class, so we barely talk" Nancy shrugged.

"don't worry Nancy, give it time" Jane said, gently patting Nancy's shoulder with a soft smile.

i had too much motivation, so i wrote this but this chapter was boring when i read it

i have been feeling better, so no need to worry about me dying <33

anyways.. last night i kept thinking about "casablanca" (1942) and ive been obsessed with that movie, giving me inspiration to write another fan fic soon (im still debating whether to make it a steve or soda fic, i love them both too much)

im being too motivated, i need to stop

stay gold ✨

~ alma