𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲

his arms will hold me night and day

on a descent morning, Jane had awaken, yet feeling very sluggish. "Jane, Nancy!" Jeannie yelled from the kitchen, just doing her daily routine. Jane groaned softly and put her slippers on, then walked out of her room, making her way to the kitchen. as she stepped into the kitchen, she saw her mother who looked very irritated and grumpy, just like herself every single day.

"you can serve yourselves, i gotta go to work" Jeannie said with an acrimonious tone, grabbing her purse and walked out. "i can't with mom, she acts so sweet for one day then the next day she acts so grumpy" Nancy spoke, shaking her head in pure disbelief. "y'know, mom's probably on her period" Nancy burst into a giggling fit. "don't be weird, you can't have a period every single day. that's impossible" Jane burst out laughing.

"you should skip school, then see lover boy" Nancy highly encouraged. "i'm not skipping school, i promised Sodapop that i'd see him outside of school grounds. we're gonna go out and get lunch" Jane shook her head, smiling. "ooh, someone's got a crush" Nancy smirked. "well... maybe i do or maybe i don't" Jane shrugged. "i think you do, you make it obvious" Nancy stated as a matter-of-factly.

"okay, that's enough" Jane rolled her eyes, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. "fine..." Nancy grumbled. "are you going to school?" Jane asked her sister as she started making her way to her bedroom. "nope" Nancy shook her head. "why not?" Jane looked back at Nancy, raising an eyebrow. "because school's a waste of time, besides, who'd wanna be stuck with Mr.Brad?" Nancy crossed her arms.

"someone who's not you" Jane chuckled as she walked to her room. "of course it'll be someone who ain't me" Nancy shook her head. Jane closed the door behind her, rolling her eyes at her sister's stupid behaviour. Jane decided to get dressed very elegantly for her little lunch date soon.

after getting dressed, Jane began to comb her soft brown hair, then moved on to the makeup. she sprayed a very sweet-scented perfume and put on some lip gloss, making her soft lips very glossy. "you done now Jane? i want my alone time in the house!" Nancy yelled from the living room. "shut up, i'm almost done!" Jane said, putting on a sweater that'd match her outfit, she also put on her black shiny mary jane's.

"okay, now i'm ready to go" Jane said as she grabbed her book bag that was laying in the kitchen counter. "alright, uhhh– the only thing i can say is, good luck on your date" Nancy smirked, yet her gaze still on the television. "it's not a date" Jane rolled her eyes and walked out. "sure.." Nancy mumbled as she heard the door close.

is it a date...?, Jane thought to herself. she started walking down the sidewalk, looking down at the misty grass that was surrounding the small cracks on the old sidewalk, something that absolutely pleased her. Jane still felt lethargic, yet she was also a bit enthusiastic about her little lunch date . she wished that she could make time fly by quick.

❦❦❦❦❦

"morning Jane" Cherry and Marcia greeted, smiles on their faces as they looked at her splendid attire. "why so fancy today?" Cherry smiled. "i'm just improving my closet" Jane lied, remembering what Cherry told her about greasers and socs. "yeah right, you told us yesterday that you wanted to start wearing those chic pants and those cute blouses, not dresses" Marcia giggled.

"well, before i even start improving my closet, i wanna wear the clothes i never wore once" Jane lied, defending herself. "whatever you say i guess" Cherry sighed. "also uh– i'm not gonna eat lunch here. i'm going somewhere else with a friend" Jane spoke, then Cherry and Marcia quickly looked at each other then back at Jane. "with who?" the two girls asked. "nobody important," Jane shook her head, "i gotta get to class" she said as she started walking away from the two girls, who were still curiously wondering who that someone was.

"i have an idea, but you better not tell Jane" Cherry whispered to Marcia. "what is it?" Marcia asked. "we're gonna spy on Jane, it could be a greaser who's trying to get in her pants. y'know, i heard that Jane's wealthy and you know how greasers love to get some of that money" Cherry crossed her arms. "yeah. but, what if it is a greaser?" Marcia asked, eventually giving in to Cherry's plans. "then.. we'll separate them two apart and maybe find a guy for Jane" Cherry smiled. "good idea" Marcia smiled back, nodding.

"i know, i know. i'm just really clever" Cherry giggled, flipping her hair. "i must say so" Marcia nodded. the bell then rang, everyone now walking off to their classes.

❦❦❦❦❦

as the lunch bell rang, everyone quickly started running out of their classrooms, wanting to eat their food, but most people only used it to see their friends or walk out of school, and never come back until the next day.

Jane walked over to the bathroom, making sure that she still looked nice for her little lunch date. she combed her hair with her fingers and fixed her dress that had a few wrinkles, those wrinkles eventually fading away, but they'd come back soon. Jane looked back at the mirror, admiring herself, she was very nervous yet very exuberant.

she walked out of the bathroom, now walking through the hallway, she swore she could hear a quiet sound of footsteps, but she ignored it. as she opened the glass door, then walked out, she saw Sodapop standing there, waiting for her. "hey" he smiled. "hi" Jane smiled, she could feel herself wanting to pass out at any moment.

"so, where do you wanna go?" Sodapop asked, completely forgetting that Jane was new in tulsa. "i don't know, i never went to any restaurant in tulsa. i'm new here" Jane chuckled. "right, i forgot," he smiled sheepishly. "it's alright. are there any good places to eat at?" Jane asked. "hmm.. we got the dingo, that's where i go sometimes" Sodapop said. "i guess we could go there then" Jane nodded.

"alright, let's go" he held on to her hand, he was very unaware that he was doing so. Jane looked down at their hands, she began to feel her face quickly heat up.

meanwhile, Cherry and Marcia began to quietly sneak out of the school. they we're very shocked when they saw who their friend was going out with. "this isn't good.." Cherry whispered to Marcia. "yeah. i guess we'll have to think of something" she nodded. "i have an idea.." Cherry started thinking of a good idea, which would eventually torment Jane later on.

it wasn't that Cherry wanted to torment Jane, it was only that Cherry just doesn't want Jane to be around greasers. she didn't want her friend around loathsome people.

hehe

hehe

what do y'all think cherry and marcia's plan will be ?

so.. i survived another winter storm (yayy). my power didn't go out– well only once but it eventually came back. it was terrible, along with the fact that i suffer from terrible, very terrible ptsd from last year's winter storm. if y'all see a few writing mistakes, blame the cold for my shaky and numb hands 😍

i got the cover ready for "mad about you" and im so excited to start writing that book, along with "everybody loves somebody" VERY SOON !!

stay gold ✨

~ alma