𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

now i know tomorrow is forever

"mom, do we really have to?" Nancy groaned as she rubbed her eyes wearily. "yes Nancy we do. your father got the job offer and it's all the way to tulsa. now start packing" her mother responded, crossing her arms. "i don't wanna move, now how am i gonna tell Annie and the others that i'm moving?" Jane mumbled under her breath, rolling her eyes at her mom's moronic decision.

"oh, you're worried about that?" Nancy raised an eyebrow. "heck yeah, what if i end up meeting yucky people or fools?" Jane scrunched her nose in horror. "maybe if you end up being friends with girly girls, then you'll be the real fool" Nancy rolled her eyes as she walked over to her room to start packing. "maybe if you end up being friends with girly girls, then you'll be the real fool" Jane mocked Nancy, then walked over to her room.

Jane looked around her room, her favorite spot in her house. she'd never forget the good memories in her house, especially the times when her friends would come over to her house to have slumber parties with them.

"Jane! Nancy!" their mother shouted from downstairs. Jane grunted as she grabbed her suitcase, taking a look around her now empty room. Jane began to walk downstairs, Nancy already with their mother. "are you both ready now?" their mother asked, looking at them two. "yes mom" Jane yawned, starting to feel sluggish. "yeah" Nancy responded nonchalantly, something her mother found really horrendous.

"now what did i tell you about using your damn words correctly?" her mither crossed her arms. "sorry mom," Nancy cleared her throat, "yes ma'am" she said with a mocking high-pitched voice, causing Jane to giggle a bit. "let's go, your father's waiting in the car" their mother rolled her eyes at her daughter's childish actions.

"okay, okay" Jane calmed down a bit, trying to keep her giggles, her sister was only a funny person when she wanted to be, Nancy could make anyone laugh whether they're feeling sad or happy, Jane was glad to have Nancy as her sister.

they all walked out of their house that would now be missed, never forgotten. Jane would sure miss the house because that's where she grew up for sixteen years. Nancy.. eh she wouldn't really miss her house, she absolutely hated it due to the lack of color because inside the Reynolds's house, it was enormous alright, but it only contained gray and white hues, it needed more color- or patterns.

Jane and Nancy hopped in their dad's light lemon yellow 1955 chervrolet bel air convertible, taking each of their suitcases and bags with them. "y'all ready girls?" their father asked, putting his sunglasses on. "yes sir" the girls said at the same time. "finally they use their manners" their mother mumbled to her dad, thinking that her daughters were slightly slow-witted and very clueless. "c'mon Jeannie, don't be like that" Jane's father pat Jeannie's shoulder.

"i want our girls to act like descent women, not like those greaser girls who wear dark makeup and spend their money on stupid things" Jeannie scoffed, saying "greaser" in a venomous tone. "now, now. just think positive things instead. Jane and Nancy aren't little girls anymore, Jane's sixteen, Nancy's fifteen and a half" Jane's father sighed. "John, i know. but–" Jeannie got cut off when suddenly John turned up the volume on the car radio, Jeannie becoming the slightest bit frustrated.

"are we there yet dad?" Nancy asked, wanting to get out of the car and just go to sleep on a comfy bed. "no Nancy, we're only a few cities away, but we'll be in tulsa before you know it" John answered. "finally, then we can get off this damn car because my ass will get sore" Jane mumbled, leaning her head against the car glass. "what'd you say?" Jeannie asked, very assure that she heard what she didn't wanna hear.

"oh, i said that i can't wait to get off this car seat because it makes my butt hurt" Jane answered, carefully preventing herself from laughing or whatsoever. "nasty" Jeannie scrunched her nose in repugnance. "nice one Jane" Nancy stuck out a hand, wanting a high five, eventually Jane gave her a hard high five.

"Jane what'd i tell you about using your words?" Jeannie asked, starting to get irritated. "c'mon mom, Jane's just expanding y'all's vocabulary" Nancy interposed, defending her older sister. "vocabulary my ass" Jeannie mumbled, rolling her eyes. "Jeannie," John glared at her slightly, "stop it right now" he warned her.

"fine.." Jeannie huffed. "mom's gotta stop, she gets on my nerves" Nancy whispered in Jane's ear. Jane nodded in agreement.

the sun began to set, the powerful hues of pink, violet purple and forget-me-not blue revealing in the sky. Jane now deliberated about whether tulsa would be great or not, but she didn't mind, unless she'd end up living in a dreadfully built house or not.

hi everybody ! this is the first chapter of "in my wildest dreams" hehe

hi everybody ! this is the first chapter of "in my wildest dreams" hehe. but other than that, i hope y'all enjoy this !

stay gold ✨

~ alma