『 Chapter 10: Smoked Eel 』

Comenzar desde el principio

"Okay... a small amount, one time in the morning one at night?" You repeated.

Gothi nodded before turning and walking away. You turned to Hiccup.

"Well, I guess you don't need to see Gothi anymore." He said earning a chuckle from you.

You felt like you had forgotten something, "Oh! Don't you have a saddle to make?" Hiccup's eyes widened as he looked at you.

"Oh, thanks for reminding me! Do you wanna come?" He asked. You thought about it for a second.

"Yeah. I would!" You said earning a smile from the boy.

✵ ✵ ✵

You sat in the forge watching Hiccup work, the way he moved and was so passionate about his work was just mesmerizing. You hadn't realized you had been staring until you heard him speak up, "Something on your mind?" He asked, noticing you were lost in thought.

Shaking yourself out of your little zone out you nodded, "Yeah actually... I was wondering if hypothetically if I wanted to earn the trust of the Silver Phantom how would I do it?" This was a thought that had crossed your mind several times.

You spotted the gleam in Hiccup's eyes when you asked, "Wait? Like you want to create a bond with the dragon?"

"I- uh, "You stammered, "I wouldn't go as far as bond but maybe just a small friendship." A wide smile grew on Hiccup's face.

He paused his work for a second, studying your face, trying to understand your true intentions, "Alright, I'll tell you... but on one condition."

You let out a sigh, you knew there was going to be a catch, "Fine... what is it."

"Well," He set down the leather he was working with and leaned across the desk, looking at you, "You need to always listen." Hiccup said, "Got that?". Your face flushed at the proximity, you pressed your lips together and nodded, "Good." He said, leaning back and going right back to his work.

You felt your heart beating rapidly.

What's wrong with me?

Why do I feel like this?

You shook your head and looked down at your hands that were in your lap, trying to distract yourself from whatever this was.

"Anyways the first thing you need to do..."

✵ ✵ ✵

Hiccup held up the saddle towards the dragon that looked slightly frightened and tried to run away. It had been a couple of days since Gothi had given you the serum. Your leg had started to feel a bit better. Of course, it would still take a few months to completely heal but this was still good. You watched as Hiccup chased around Toothless. Glancing over, you noticed the Silver Phantom sitting close to you, its head lifted as it was watching Toothless and Hiccup run around. you carefully hobbled over to it and gestured to the ground next to it.

"Can I sit here?" You asked, earning a sniff from the dragon. It didn't sound peeved or anything so you assumed that it was okay. You sat down carefully, trying not to put too much weight on your leg. The female dragon leaned its head down and sniffed your leg before looking up at you and tilting its head, "I broke it... a heavy wall fell on my leg and it broke." You heard the dragon let out a sniff before resting her head on the ground next to you, "Can I name you?" You asked, hoping for a response after not earning one you waited, trying to think of a name.

You heard some shouting and noticed Hiccup and Toothless were finally in the air, Hiccup was using a string to open and close the dragon's tail. You watched as Hiccup opened the tail and the dragon and he both fell into the water.