2.02

ʜᴀʀʟᴇᴍ "ᴋᴀɪɴᴇ" ᴊᴀᴄᴋꜱᴏɴ | 17

"Brook ?" i shook her waking her up.

"yes ?" she rubbed her eyes sitting up.

"you ate ?" i asked picking her up. Brook is my little sister who is 3 years old. luckily my grandma watches Brook during the day but her husband doesn't want us here especially me.

i walked out the door into my car making sure the blanket was covering her. i put her in the passenger seat before driving down the road.

i parked in an alley and grabbed Brook letting my seat back. i looked at the gas hand and i was at a half tank. so i couldn't leave the car running tonight for heat. i reached in the back and grabbed an extra hoodie and put it on Brook.

"do you wanna eat anything Brook ?" i asked picking up the plate from loni's house.

"yes"she said trembling making me sigh. "it's cold bubba"she said laying on my chest.

"i know i'm sorry." i sighed. it just made me feel so bad.

i crunk the car back up and placed her back in the passenger seat with the plate. "better ?" i asked looking at her eat the food fast.

she just nodded her head. "grandma didn't feed you ?"

"she did it was nasty though." she frowned.

"look brook." i picked her back up placing her on my lap "i know grandmas cooking not the best but you gotta eat it okay ? i promise i'm going get us outta this situation." i looked at her.

"ok bubba." she laid her head back on my chest.

"i love you brook." i kissed her forehead.

"i love you too."

——

i had dropped brook off at my grandmas house. she already gave me a bad start to my day. she wanted to argue about me paying her.

how can i even pay you to watch her when i barley have any money myself.

my phone started ringing.

ɪɴᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ꜰᴀᴄᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʟᴏɴɪ🖤.

i declined it because i still had on the same clothes from yesterday. she called back again and again and again.

"yes loni ?" i asked not showing my face.

"where you at ? why i had to call you multiple times Harlem?" she asked

"i'm on the way to school." which was partially true.

"put yo face in the camera." she spoke

"i'm driving loni."

"harlem"

i picked the phone up and she immediately soften her face up. "come to my house." she said

"for ?"

"harlem , just come to my house."

"ok" i said and i drove to her house. "i'm at the front door" i said hanging up.

she opened the door and she was half-way dressed. "why you didn't call me and say you need to come over and change ?" she asked soon as i walked through the door.

"i was going figure it out loni." i followed her upstairs to her room.

we walked in her room and she closed the door. "stop trying figure shit out Harlem , you need some you let me know."