Light like air, as fast as wind.

Waking up to find, Vanna, Hanniel, and Seonaid seated in my living room wasn't my exact idea of a good morning. Especially when the world felt tilted and dry. I would've rather licked a goat's balls that woken up this morning.

Luca had smiled at me, like he did every morning, a smile that reminded me just how much he didn't know, and he wouldn't have understood why I wasn't particularly happy to see the three siblings in our home. Heck, I didn't I understand my own abrasion to the siblings myself. I would've smiled-the best condescending smirk I could master- and pretended for Luca. Except today, I felt like I would given anything in the world to ruin his smile, to smother that bit of happiness that glinted in his eye, that small spark that was just excited that I had friends. I also felt it worrying how desperate my uncle was for me to have friends that was willing to overlook the absolute absurdity of how I could be friends with anyone that looked like those three looked. Or maybe he was just glad someone else other than Caspain had come over.

 I  put on my best smile, trying not to look as bothered as I felt. Then he said my name, "Raven." he frowned, and the world tilted, my stomach rolled. He reached out to touch my forehead, and I swatted his hand away.

"Umm...?"

He shook his head, seemingly unaware of the way my body began to leak ice, cold sweat, I could feel start to trickle down my back. "You have a good sleep?" He frowned, and reached out  again, this time, I was too slow to stop him. He touched my forehead. His warm fingers tingling on my cold skin. "Raven?" I flinched, my stomach coiled and rolled again. I pushed his hand away and turned, leaving the room.

I closed the door of my room, my hands shaking with the action. I blinked, trying to clear my vision.  my legs swayed as he room tilted, and I couldn't stop it even if I had wanted to, bent over and spilled the lousy contents of my stomach, I gagged, falling to the floor in a heap. I gagged again, another load of brown-red mush. 

My ears were ringing and I squeezed my eyes shut, my hands were spread in front of me, trying to keep me upright, my fingers buried in the bloody mess that was my vomit. I groaned, tossing my head back, using my shaky limbs to lift myself off the floor, which proved to be a harder feet than I was physically capable of at that moment. 

I used the wall for support, my chest heaving with effort as I struggled to catch a breathe. I would describe how I felt in one word. fucking hell.

That was two words but who cares.

Braced against the wall for support, I stared at the puddle on the floor. My vomit was most likely seeping through the hard wood floors, slowly dripping into the thin cracks in between each floor board, the same way the headache I felt seeped into the creases of my head and flowed through the gaps in my brain.

The voices. Like rain showers on a cold day, hit one by one. Tiny harmless drops of words, too easy to ignore, yet to painful to forget. Tingles spread up my spine and up into my brain like a short zap of electricity. Forceful and painful. The palm of my hand covered my mouth, to muffle the scream that tore through my throat. I could feel the blood trickling down my ears and my nose and could practically taste the blood that had risen along  with the tide of bile in my throat. 

The voices sang. Things I wasn't supposed to understand, phrases that shouldn't have made sense. They whispered my name over and over and over again. Like a chant, carried through my ears by a cold, gust of wind. Like a secret I wasn't supposed to know.

Only, it wasn't my name. It shouldn't 'ev have been. It didn't have to be, and I certainly didn't want it to. My breathing had calmed down, into  deep shallow and huffs and puffs, as if my lungs had barely enough oxygen to expand and contract. To pump life to my brain. It was as if the whispers took my air as they invaded my brain, as if they took the fist fulls of  the air my lungs fought to give me, and in exchange, they left the reminiscence of a life I'd forgotten.