Confused.

It was dark when Caspain walked out of the  courtyard and towards our car. The car park was empty, as we were the last ones to leave. Luca was just about ready to leave Caspain behind and let him find his own way. I'd done my best to make him wait but I was honestly just as pissed enough to make the twat fend for himself.

It was my own fault to be honest. I should've known letting Caspain go out on his own would've been a bad idea. I wouldn't leave Caspain alone with my pet stone. What good was it having an IQ higher than a satellite, if your stupidity was just as equivalent.

"You're late." I hissed, grabbing his arm tightly. Caspain looked down at me, even in the dark of night, I could see how unfocused they were. He shrugged, seeming unbothered. He pulled his arm out of my grip, and walked towards the car.

I rushed after him and grabbed him just before he could reach the car, turning him to face me. "You're going to apologize to my uncle for being late, you bloody numpty, or I'm leaving your stupid pathetic ass here, you understand?" Caspain blinked in surprise and slowly nodded, biting his lip.

I sighed, letting go of his hand and walking to the car. I got into the passenger's seat and buckled myself up. A moment later, Caspain opened the left, back door and got in.

Luca looked like he would rather be butchered meat than being himself at the moment. The sour look he had on his face could've rivaled lemons. Nevertheless, he stretched his lips into a smile that looked rather painful. "Have a nice walk, lad?" He asked sourly.

Caspain at least had the decency to look guilty. "Yes, uh, I'm sorry, I uh... I'm sorry for making you wait this long."

Luca made a sound in agreement. "And it won't happen again I hope." Caspain nodded, still seeming distracted. He shuffled in his seat, his hand kept rubbing at his neck, his eyes looking side to side as if waiting for something to jump out of a corner. I furrowed my brows. "What was it that kept you out so long anyway?" Luca asked when we joined the traffic. Caspain looked pained, he blinked rapidly, staring at me in the rearview mirror, then out the window. Luca whistled. "I know you kids think having sex is–"

" —No." I cut him off sharply, fighting off the shiver of disgust. "Absolutely not. Jesus, Luca, don't start."  I cringed.

A smile I didn't like took over my uncle's features. "I thought you two used to shag each other?"

"Oh my god." I murmured, covering my face with my hands. Caspain cackled on the back, and I knew Luca had a smug smile on his face.

A car honked behind us. I dropped my hands and gestured to the road. "Drive, now, or so help me, I am hitchhiking."  Luca shrugged and drove ahead. It was a while later when I added, "And for the record, we don't do that anymore."

....

Dinner was already cold and watery when we arrived home. Andrew was more worried than irritated, Luca, it seemed had remembered the reason we were late and had gone sour again. Caspain at least still had the decency to look guilty about it, but I wondered if the floundering idiot was just pretending.

I picked at my plate, ignoring the light conversation between Andrew and Caspain. The rice was cold and tasted like damp oats, which was sad because Andrew was a great cook.

Luca looked like he'd rather be anywhere than at the table with us, or more specifically, Caspain. Uncle Luca had never really liked Caspain, I never understood why. Sure, Caspain had the common sense of a porcupine, but he was also a certified genius. If there was anyone Luca should want me hanging around, it would be him. But for some reason, he'd always had an aversion to him, it was a miracle he'd agreed to let him stay with us for the break.