She's now crying with me as we both try to wipe each other's cheeks but fail miserably as the tears continue to fall.

"Adelaide, baby girl, I love you so much, and I'm so grateful we found our way back to each other. You are the reason I am still here today."

She giggles through her tears. "I love you too Macy." She hops over the center console and into my lap to hug me. I hold on to her tightly, desperate to never have to go another day without her embrace. "Oh gosh, my eyeliner is running."

"I'm sorry love." She smiles at the new name of endearment and shakes her head before leaning in and kissing me.

"It's okay. Thank you so much for the gift. I love it so much. Almost as much as I love you."

"You promise you aren't just saying it because I did?" I ask as a slither of doubt sets in.

She sticks both pinkies in the air and crosses her arms. "I pinkie promise. I have loved you since we were kids. I was just too afraid to say it. I'm not afraid anymore. I'm not afraid for anyone to see us together. Because When They See Us, they will see how much I love you Macy Tanner, and how much I have always loved you." I grin and lock our pinkies before pecking her lips.

"We should probably get back now, huh?"

"Nooo." She whines, "I want to stay here a little longer." She stays, turning in my lap to face me and laying her head against my chest. We sat like this for a while as I rubbed her bottom, causing her to slowly doze off in my arms.

I slowly shift out of the passenger side, leaving her there and getting into the driver's seat. I don't have my driver's license yet, but I know how to drive. Let's just hope I don't get pulled over on the way back to the beach house. As I'm driving, I feel her gaze on me, and I look to see her lying on her side with sleepy eyes. I lean over at the red light to kiss her forehead.

We make it home, and everyone is still in the house but Roger and Alex. She sees me driving and gives me a look as I'm getting out of the vehicle. "You should not be driving without a license." I walk to the other side, and Adelaide wraps her legs around me and lays her head in the crook of my neck.

"I know, I'm sorry. She started falling asleep again. I didn't want her sleeping behind the wheel." Getting Adelaide out of bed in the morning is like pulling teeth. Everyone in the house knows that. She would rather sleep than get up to start her day. I'm pretty sure she'll pick all afternoon classes when she starts college next year.

"Okay, but you need to get your license if you plan on driving that car. We'll help you, if that's okay with you." I nod my head smiling. I will never get over everything they have done for me. Adelaide is the main person that saved me from myself, but her parents were also a huge part of my journey to recovery.

I carry her into the house and sit her down next to Gina. "Hi, Sugarplum." Gi kisses all over Adelaide's face, and she groans, pushing her away. "Ooh, this is nice... wait, I've seen this before." Adelaide wakes up slightly, opening only one eye and looking down at her gift. "This is the one Macy wore all through middle school."

"You remember it?" Addy asks, closing her eye back.

"Yeah, she was my friend too. Y'all were just a little more close because of the secret crush you two had but were afraid to admit. Everyone knew it but y'all." We both chuckle. "This charm is new though." Adelaide opens both eyes and looks at her bracelet, not realizing there was an added charm. "It says I Love You... Awwwww'' Gina looks between us and pulls her best friend into a hug. "You two finally told each other!"

"Took them long enough," Camden yells from across the room.

Addy looks up at me and smiles. "I'm going to get something to drink. Do you want anything?" She shakes her head and snuggles back into Gina. Their relationship doesn't bother me in the slightest. They are like sisters, and Gina and I have become closer since Adelaide and I started dating. She is a good friend, and I'm thankful every day she kept Addy partially grounded during her entitled Queen B phase. I'm also glad Addy has grown out of that and realized life isn't always about popularity. Sadly I had to learn that the hard way.

Elliot walks into the kitchen with the biggest grin on her face. I smile at her. "Hi Mrs. Reed."

"Oh jeez, Macy, you can call me Elli or mom, whatever you please." She pulled me into a hug. "Thank you for making my daughter happy, and Merry Christmas. I know Alex already gave you the spiel." She pulls back out of the hug. "All I have to say is take care of her. And please keep your addiction under control. She needs you, and I don't want to see her go without you again."

"I will, I promise. I have something worth living for now."

She rubs my cheek, "You've always had something worth living for Mays. You just had to find it. Oh, and you'll have a lot more to live for because she wants like seven kids."

My eyes grow big. "Huh? Come again? You said like... 5... plus 2... you mean like the number 5 and two more added to that... I can maybe do like 5 but 7? Nope, that's too much."

She starts laughing from my panicking. "She didn't tell you?"

I coughed a little while taking a sip of my water. "Um, no ma'am, we have not discussed having kids yet. I think we're planning on college first."

"Oh, right, you two have the leisure to pick when you get pregnant."

"Yes, but I want a house full of kids all the same, so I think we're going to be okay," I say as she pulls me back into a hug.

"Good, let's get back to the family." Elliot drags me along back to the living room.

I sit on the couch, listening in on the family's conversation. Adelaide comes to sit on me, and I wrap my arms around her, kissing the back of her head.