Chapter 3 - The Chain

"Guys.... A town!" announced Fable, looking out over the cliff face that they had slept on the night before. It had been two days since the day they first met, and, not knowing where to go, they had decided to just walk in a random direction until they found something (Flora had called them all idiots for this idea, but had gone along with it anyways). "Nice" commented Aurora, smiling. "Um... guys..." Tetra spoke up. "We can't all go into town. You're all dressed to nicely... Do you really think that normal people will want to see 7 princess, 2 queens, and a pirate captain walk into their town?" Flora frowned. "I'll go in" she offered, pulling her cloak around her. "Me too" Sun piped up. "My outfit isn't all that fancy... a little flashy, maybe, but not really fancy... We'll see if there's a clothing shop in town. The report back to you all" Sheik nodded in agreement. "Alright then, let's set up camp here for a few hours, and then see if we can stay in the town or not.

Flora and Sun nodded, and headed off towards the town. There was a small path that they found a little ways from where the others were. The two followed it to the town, once in a while commenting on the creepers that snapped at their heals. "Finally" Flora huffed as they approached the town. People looked up as they passed by. "So much for not being noticed... Next time, I'm not wearing pink" Sun huffed, looking down at her brightly colored tunic. A few people pointed at them, and whispered, but were shut up when each of them flashed them a brilliant smile (Flora's was forced, but they couldn't tell)

"Excuse me ma'am?" asked a voice. They both looked around. Their gazes landed on two boys. Both had blonde hair and blue eyes, but one of them was older than the other. The first had a blue lobster tunic on, his eyes were as blue as the sea, and at his side, was a gun that looked just like Tetra's. The second one wore a green tunic, and a blue scarf. "We were just wondering if you were around here? You see, we're not, and our family is traveling through these parts" The two Zelda's looked at each other, and shrugged. "Unfortunately, no sir, our family is also traveling through this town. Sorry..." Flora offered. "Oh, no problem" said the older of the two. "Name's Link, Link Lon Lon II and this is Link Lon Lon VI"

Both of the girls' eyes widened. Link? As in the heroes of Hyrule? Crap. Oh Crap. "Yo! Wars! Wind!" yelled a familiar voice. A boy in Skyloftian clothing yelled at them from across the street. "Hold up Sky, I was just talking to these two...." he looked back, and the two were gone. "Ladies... guess they ran off" Sun and Flora were running through the streets, towards the entrance of the town. Right outside, two men were fighting. One was missing an eye, and the other had on a red tunic, and a blue cap. "YOU ARE THE HERO OF LEGENDS! START ACTING LIKE IT!" The two looked at each other. "We're so screwed" Sun whispered. Flora gulped and nodded. "OH YEAH? SOME HERO OF TIME YOU ARE! COULDN'T EVEN DEFEAT A..." The younger of the two, noticed them. "Nevermind... sorry sir... I won't do it again" he grumbled, walking off. 

The Hero of Time turned towards the two. "I'm sorry about that ladies, may I help you with something?" he asked. They shook there heads, and ran as fast as they could pas them. "We gotta tell the others!" Flora said. "Agreed, just keep running. That was way to close" Sun said, looking up at the path they were running on. When they finally reached the place where the others were, the two were panting. "Guys! Code red!" cried Sun. "What happened?" asked Fable. "Well, we were just going through town, and we ran into these two guys. A kid with a lobster shirt, and a soldier with a green tunic and a blue scarf" started Sun, Flora then cut her off. "They said their names were Link, and then we saw Sun's Link. So we ran away. And we ran into the Hero of Legends, and a one eyed hero that the other called 'The Hero of Time'... THE HERO OF TIME! They're all their, and together" 

The others burst into chatter, some annoyed, some afraid, and some happy. Sheik, on the other hand, only nodded slowly, deep in thought as she looked out at the town. "Alright then... we're not stopping there... that seems like the obvious solution. Unless of course..." A smirk formed on her face, which Flora saw immediately. "What are you thinking?" she hadn't said a word since explaining what was happening. "Alright everyone, quiet" Sheik put a hand up, and everyone at once fell silent. "How many of you are familiar with a normality spell?" No one answered, and Sheik nodded, not surprised. "It's a spell that one can cast on themselves to seem completely normal. I can't believe I didn't think of it before... We can cast it on ourselves, and as long as we don't make a big scene, or tell anyone that we're royalty, no one will seem surprised by us. Even the Heroes of Hyrule"

The others nodded one by one. "Alright, lets try it... How do you cast the spell?" asked Artemis. Sheik stood up, and motioned for them to bunch closer to each other. "Alright... remember, tell no one, not even the heroes, who you are. I doubt they would be to keen on us being without protection" Sheik scoffed out the words, and a few of the others rolled their eyes at the thought of the heroes. "Alright, are you all ready?" They all nodded, and watched as Sheik moved her hand through the air above them. Suddenly, they all shivered. "Why's it cold?" asked Tetra, looking around. Then, as quickly as it had happened, the feeling was gone. 

"Alright, remember, let's get going. This should last 24 hours... As long as no one does anything stupid" Sheik said, not looking back at them. The others followed her, and talked quietly about seeing the Link's again. "Remember, they won't know who you all are. So do your best to steer clear of them... And try not to stare" A few of the others scoffed. "Why would I stare at Link? I can barely stand looking at his ugly face for a few moments at a time" Tetra said as they walked into town. "Respect kid" Dusk said, placing a hand on Tetra's shoulder. 

"Alright Warriors... Alright..." said a familiar voice. "I'm serious Wind, if Time finds out he'll, oh, excuse me..." said the blue scarfed hero as Artemis bumped into him. "Time won't find out, I promise" Wind commented, not even looking at Tetra as the two disappeared down the street. "Time?" asked Dawn. "Probably my Link... When it comes to his soldiers, he has quite the temper. I'm sure he's the same with them" Sheik pushed it off as nothing as they continued to make their way down the street. "This spell actually works" Aurora said to Dawn, looking around again. "How did you cast it?" asked Dot. "I'll teach you once we get out of town. But doing magic here... so close to the heroes, is very risky" Sheik answered, stopping in front of an inn. "Alright, remember, don't tell anyone who you are. Just tell anyone asks you that you're traveling with some family. Use you're nicknames instead of you're real name" 

They headed inside the inn. Only to come face to face with the last person they wanted to see. The Hero of Time sat at one of the tables, alone, and looked over at them. "I would be disturbed, but after what's happened this week... nothing could surprise me anymore. So, what is this? A normality spell?"