Chapter 6

Shaw's Yacht

Third POV

As Shaw and Emma sit comfortably on a couch watching the television.

"The presence of U.S. missiles in Turkey represents an unprecedented threat to the people of the Soviet Union, warned Russian Foreign Minister Gromyko earlier today. But he was quick to insist the Russians would not be the first to initiate any military action." The man on the tv said as Emma and Shaw watch on before turning to each other.

"Yeah, we'll fix that as soon as we get to Russia."

"Unless the CIA find us first." Emma said cautiously.

"I'll take care of them, too." Shaw dismissed.

"If the telepath gets inside your head, he won't be as much fun as I am."

"Already in hand, my love." Shaw tells her while getting up and opening a box taking out a metal looking helmet.

"The Russians...made me this. So, what am I thinking?" Shaw asks her making her try to read his mind but fails.

"I don't know."

"I was thinking that you are the most exquisite thing I've ever seen in my life. And that this needs ice. Fetch me some. That's a good girl." He tells her as she sighs and leaves the room opening the door seeing Azazel and Riptide hard at work on the submarine before going up and stepping out to the frozen tundra and using her finger to cut of some ice from a bit of ice.

Covert CIA Research Base

As both Hank and Erik sit at a table hidden away from people and William secretly watching them, well, mainly Erik his eyes following his every move.

"I...I promise myself I'd find a cure, ever since I was a little boy. A cure to help both Will and I. You have no idea what I'd give to feel..." As Hank said cure to be normal, Will's eyes flare with anger not wanting to be normal.

"Normal." Both of them say and smiling.

"So your brother, what is he like?" Erik asks making Hank smile knowing he has a crush.

"Will is very smart and caring person but he takes a lot of time getting to know people. He likes to hide behind sarcasm and sassy comments. You both would get along very well."

"Does he know of the cure?"

"Um...Well..no he does not...I want it to be a surprise. He has it harder than me and I really want him to have a normal life, you understand?"

"Yeah I understand, Charles and I might be dating and happy but he has never understood.
He's different, but he's never had a hide. Hank, is serum that you're making, it doesn't affect abilities, right? Just appearance? Normalize it."
Erik tells him looking sad, to which Hank nods yes.

"Do you think it would work on me?"

"Well, I...I can look into it, if you'd like, but I would need a tiny bit of your blood."

"Yeah, I have never had a boy asks me for blood before." Erik tells him with a weird smile.

"Uh, s...sorry. I...I didn't intend to be forward. I was just...I was excited. You know, uh, th...the nature of your mutation. If any genes hold the key to changing appearance, I...it's yours."

"Go ahead. Take the blood." He tells Hank while holding his arm out making him hiss in pain.

"Kinky. By the way, you both are perfect the way you are. You should not charge it." William tells them looking at them both.