Meeting my fiancee

Hey guys. I'm back for now. Sorry for going MIA. I just resumed school and it hasn't been easy at all because I would have to get to school before 6 A.M and I'd leave school around 4 and go for lesson till 6, then I'd get home around 7.30. My phone also has issues and I'm hoping to change it soon. I know all these excuses aren't enough reasons to leave y'all hanging but I'm really sorry. Updates would be on Fridays or Saturdays every week.

N

ew cover in the media above. I made it myself. Its the first successful cover I'm making. Let me know what you think about it in the comments

So, tag your friends and tell a friend to tell a friend to check this book out.

Song for the chapter: Lovely by Billie Eilish (with Khalid)

NOT EDITED

Stephanie's POV

I left his room in a hurry and saw a WhatsApp message almost immediately. I rushed downstairs and grabbed my car keys. My parents might not be the best but they don't exactly deprive me of good things just that they treat Stephen better. There are times I get jealous of him and I cry myself to sleep because I've never gotten the most important thing I need.

Love from my parents.

"Small madam, good morning o", Musa, our gateman for almost 15 years, greeted me showing off his brown teeth. I smiled at his kind gesture and replied him.

"Good morning, Musa. The number one Musa. Any other Musa is a counterfeit", I said playfully and smiled at how his smile had gone wider. I was scared his mouth would be in pains.

"Small Madam, thank you oo. You dey go out? Make I help you open gate?", He asked almost running towards the gate. I smiled again. He always knew how to make everybody laugh, even my parents.

"Yes, I dey go out. Abeg help me open gate. I wan go meet pesin for school and I wan just enjoy myself today sha. Make I relax before I go collapse", I told him truthfully.

"Haaaa. Small Madam, that kain thing dey do me too like 2 weeks ago but I drink one Agbo and e no do me like that again. Shey make I help you buy am? The pesin dey pass here every day. But no worry about money. I go use my money buy am for you because you and Oga Stephen dey always nice to me", he said the last part with tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Musa, no cry na. We go talk when I come back in the evening. And no buy the Agbo for me. I go just buy sleeping drug so I go fit relax wella but go open gate for me fast fast. I no wan late", I reminded him, urgency obvious in my tone.

"Sorry, small madam, he apologized and ran to the gate", I just laughed at his behaviour and slid into my Toyota Camry. You might be wondering why I didn't have a posh car like all the rich kids around.

Yup.

My parents decided not to get me a car but I just used my life savings to get something that I could carry around to avoid entering cabs or ordering Uber all the time. Besides, I'm not plucking money from the tree. I can't afford to be spending like ten thousand naira on different Uber drivers everyday. It's not done like that. My father might be as rich as Dangote but his only priority is Stephen. I gently manoeuvred my way out of the gate and stopped right out of the gate before Musa closed the gate and gestured for him to come closer. I dipped my hand into my purse and gave him 10k.