"So much concern for an employee. I just wish my boss was like you, Dr. Aagney," Dr.Arjun teased as he winked at Shreya.

"My employee's well-being is my priority. When an employee is healthy and fine, they can serve their boss well, Am I right?" Aagney said, smirking at Arjun and looking slyly at me. Though Arjun looked confused, I, who knew the inner meaning of his words, gritted my teeth.

I was watching his interaction with them while lying on the bed. He was polite to them. His rude hormones work only when he talks to me; I mentally rolled my eyes. And I secretly wished Dr.Yadhunandhan and his family never left. But much to my dismay, they all walked out with Aagney after telling me to take care of myself and promised to meet me before they went back to their hometown.

I closed my eyes, feeling alone all of a sudden. I just wished Aagney remained in the room with me for a moment...though he opened his mouth only to scold me or taunt me, that was enough to fill the void in my life. I had this sense of security when he was around me. The nurse walked in with the reports breaking my thoughts.

"Dr.Aagney?" she asked, looking around.

"He went outside, "I replied, looking anxiously at the reports in her hands.

"Oh, ok. These are your reports, and congrats, you are pregnant," she gave me a happy smile.

I felt the ground below my feet slip away.

"P-Pregnant?"I started sweating in fear.

"Yes...You are almost eight weeks pregnant," she explained.

"Dr.Lathika will see you for the scan shortly."

"No...I want to talk to the doctor right now, "I almost yelled, holding her hands.

"Calm down, dear. Pregnancy is not a disease, and I know you are anxious because it's your first pregnancy. Don't worry...Dr.Lathika is the best gynecologist in this city. She will take good care of you, "the nurse consoled me.

But she didn't know my current circumstances. This was Aagney's hospital. I will not be able to hide this news from him. Even if I run to another hospital, I cannot hide my pregnancy from Aagney because it cannot be hidden for long. My mind was chaotic, but I decided to see the doctor before Aagney returned. I convinced the nurse to let me visit the doctor, and she somehow managed to take me to the doctor's cabin.

The same nurse brought me back to the room after some time, and to my shock, Aagney was inside looking pissed off. I was relaxed after talking to the doctor.

"Where did you take her?" he asked the nurse who helped me lie down on the bed.

"I went for a consultation with Dr.Lathika," I answered his question calmly.

"And what did she say?" he asked, looking at the nurse and me.

"Nothing...just the usual fatigue and symptoms, "I replied.

"Thank you for helping me out, "I held the nurse's hand in gratitude. She nodded her head and went out, leaving me in the presence of the devil.

"Wait. I forgot to ask her for your reports, "Aagney said, turning to go out behind the nurse.

"No need...the reports are with Dr.Lathika, "I told him.

"Why? Are you hiding something from me?" he asked angrily.

"Woah...Mr.Mittal ...so much concern for your employee...Don't worry...I'm not dying...I will be there until you quench your thirst for revenge, "I taunted him.

"And one more thing...even if I hide from you, you will come to know of it in a few months, "I snapped as tears streamed down my eyes. It seems like my pregnancy hormones are at their peak because I didn't know the reason for my tears... I was confused. Was I happy or sad that I held a ray of hope inside my tummy?