9: My Love is Forever Pt. 2

The day of Scarlet and I's graduation was more than enough to make me stress out. All three of us were graduating, but Andre was being the most difficult about it. We were driving in his car and I was in the passenger. "Yo, Farrah said that there's a party after graduation at her and Felicity's house." I wrinkled my nose. "Ew. Why at their house?" I asked as we were driving home from the record store. "I don't know. Their parents are taking a vacation after graduation and letting them have the house. You think Scarlet will be better by tonight?" I shrugged. "I don't know, man. She's been puking her guts up all morning and it's making me worry." I confessed. Andre pulled into the driveway and Scarlet was sitting under the tree in the backyard drawing. "You coming inside to listen to this new record?" Andre asked. I shook my head. "I'll be inside in a minute." I told him. I got out of the car with Andre walking into the house and me walking up to Scarlet.

Scarlet picked her head up and smiled at me. "Hi, baby." She said. I sat crosslegged in front of her. "Hey. You feeling better?" I asked her. "Yeah, I do. It only happens when I wake up and Bernadette is taking me to the doctor before we get ready tonight. As soon as she gets off work. She wanted me to let you know that you and Andre have to pick up your graduation ties." I gasped. "Shit. We forgot. He's going to be pissed, too." Scarlet stopped drawing to slide over to me. "You better go before she gets back. She'll be home in just a few." She leaned over to kiss me and I held her cheek gently as we kissed.

Scarlet pulled away. "I'm nervous." She whispered. I nuzzled my nose against the side of hers. "Why?" She shrugged. "I might trip on stage, and it's going to be loud. But...I think I'll be okay. I'll walk on stage before you do because of our last names." Prince laughed. "Andre will be before both of us." Scarlet kissed me again. "You and Andre better get your ties. She's going to be home soon and wants us all dressed by six tonight because my appointment is at four." I nodded and gave her a kiss. "I'll be back, baby. I love you." I said as I stood up. "I love you too, Prince." I ran inside the house to see Andre in the kitchen making a sandwich. "Hey, we gotta go pick up our ties."

Andre seemed irritated. "You're kidding me, right?" I shook my head. "No, and we gotta be ready by six. Let's go, we'll get food on the way home." I grabbed his arm practically dragging him to my car so we could pick up our ties. "Bernadette is taking Scarlet to the doctor." Andre scratched his head as I turned the radio down. "What? It's just a stomach bug." "I know, but I'm worried she won't be able to walk with us tonight." "She will, Prince. Don't worry. Mama will make her." I rolled my eyes and laughed as we pulled into the tailor's parking lot. I decided to go with the black tie, even though I hated ties and Andre went with white.

As we left the tailor's, we agreed to get Wendy's as Bernadette gave Andre a big present for graduating. My father gave me a handshake and some guitar strings which I guess I couldn't be upset about. I needed them anyway. Especially since I've been playing guitar a lot more, but one thing I was missing was the sound of a piano. Andre recently saved up and bought himself a keyboard which were hard to come by, but it didn't sound or feel the same as a piano.

We got back home and Bernadette and Scarlet were gone. "We better eat before mama find out we got Wendy's." I laughed. "I don't think she'll care Andre." We sat down at the dinner table and I was thinking about how crazy this school year was and how there won't be anymore. I was officially an adult now. Well, until I turn eighteen next month.

Suddenly the door opened and Bernadette walked in with Scarlet behind her. I smiled. "Hey, baby." She gave a small smile before walking over and Bernadette hadn't said a word. "Andre, let's get your graduation suit ready." Andre seemed confused. "But mama, it's early." He said. "Now, Andre." She said roughly. Scarlet took his place once Andre stood taking his fries with him as they went to his bedroom. "Hey...everything go okay? Was it just a stomach bug?" I asked her. She reached over to take my hand and my heart sank. Something was wrong. "Baby, I need to talk to you about something and I don't know how you'll react."