5: Crazy You

It was Christmas Day and Andre woke me up with a pillow hit to the head. "Wake up! It's Christmas!" He yelled. I opened my eyes rubbing them. "Andre! You're seventeen and you're excited about Christmas?" He was staring at me as I was rubbing my eyes. "C'mon! Get your ass up and come outside with me." I yawned walking over to grab a sweater and a jacket. "Wear your boots. It snowed again last night." I scratched my head yawning again as we were going up the stairs. "Merry Christmas, Prince!" Bernadette said loudly. I smiled a little. "Um, Merry Christmas." I said. Andre grabbed my arm practically dragging my outside. "Andre! I just woke up give me a-"

There was a new car sitting in the driveway with a big bow on it. It was a Datsun.

"Merry Christmas!" Andre yelled

"Merry Christmas!" Andre yelled. I couldn't believe it. I was in shock and couldn't even speak. I walked over to the car stroking the hood of it. Bernadette, Eddie, and Linda walked outside to watch me gaze at this car. "Well, what do you think?" Bernadette asked. "I...How...?" I asked. "Well, Andre saved up, you saved up, Linda saved up. We all pitched in." Bernadette said. I laid on the cold hood of the car with a big smile on my face. "Figured you could use your own ride since we gotta share all the time." Andre said. I laughed a little and kept stroking the hood.

"Well Prince, go take it for a spin!" Eddie said. I stood up and he threw me the keys. "Wait, this is really my car?" I asked. Linda laughed. "No, it's Andre's because he needs two of em. Yes, it's yours!" I laughed. "Shit...I, I don't know what to say." "Thank you, Prince. You say thank you." Andre said sarcastically. I shook my head giving everyone a hug before running inside to get dressed. Scarlet needed to see this. I had my own car, and my own car meant I could go wherever I wanted whenever I wanted. I got dressed as quick as I could before saying goodbye and driving right over to Scarlet's house.

When I pulled up she was sitting on the porch of her house drawing in her notebook. Nothing unusual, and she had her cassette player on. She picked her head up and was confused at first until she saw me. Scarlett took her headphones off and ran over as I was killing the car and opened the door. "Oh my God, you got a new car!?" "Yup! I pulled her into my lap giving her the sweetest kiss. "Are you busy with family?" I asked her. She stroked over the wheel. "No. Mama's inside with my uncle. I'm not allowed to be inside while he's here." I was suspicious immediately.

"Why? Do you wanna go somewhere?" She asked. I smirked. "Of course I do. The roads are gonna be dead because everything's closed and it's just gonna be me and you, til dinner at Bernadette's. Do you have dinner with family today?" I asked her. Scarlet shook her head getting off of my lap so I could get out of my car. "I usually just spend days like today to draw." I blinked. "You don't have any cousins, or aunties?" I asked her. "No. Just me and mama."  I frowned. If this is what Christmas was like for her I'd hate to know what her birthday will be like. "Here. Get your sketch book and cassette player. We're gonna go. I'll sneak into your bedroom and grab your coat. It's gonna snow again later." Scarlet smiled ear to ear to grab her things as I walked around the back of her house to where her bedroom window was.