Voices

Tw: Partial insanity, implied/referenced character death, swearing

Lucia couldn't believe it. She just wouldn't.

Luz was gone. She was just right.

Lucia didn't hear anything. She didn't hear anything because she was too fucking stupid to keep the volume down on her headphones, too dense to notice the person walking to her little sister, too much of a idiot to see them pulling out a knife.

She didn't hear the scream, but she heard the laughing. Lucia was about to see what caused all the ruckus, when she saw the blood.

There was so much blood.

Lucia felt numb. She felt numb when she called the hospital, she felt numb when she was pulled into a car by her mom, when the insane person was apprehended, when she was in the waiting room, when she got to bed.

She wouldn't believe it, because she's scared of the alternative.

But that's okay, because Luz is still here.
With her.

Staring.

Behind her.

When she stares at herself in the mirror, Luz stares back, floating. Which means Luz never left, Lucia decided. No matter what the doctors, her mom, anyone said. No matter what she saw.

Right?

Lucia glanced down at the pills in her hand. She shouldn't. She should just drop them, they wouldn't do anything. Luz is real, Lucia knows she's right behind her.

So why does everyone say she's wrong?

Lucia took the pills. She closed her eyes. Took a deep breath, and opened them.

Luz was still there.

Lucia smiled a little, before turning around, and opening the door.

Her footsteps echoed through the halls, while Luz's somehow made no noise.

"You're so quiet, how?" She asked without looking back. Luz was silent for a little bit, before speaking softly, voice a bit scratchy.

"I don't know. It just happens..."

Lucia let out a hum. "Well, okay." She reached the door that led to the office, and opened it.

Camila looked up, hopeful. "How do you feel?"

Lucia smirked. "Fine! Luz is still here too!"

Camila's smile grew stained. "I see." She stood up, strapping towards the door. "We're leaving."

"Okay!" Lucia happily followed her mom out, not noticing Luz's mournful face.

...

"Oh, my book!" Lucia cried, sprinting back in. Ignoring Camila's calls...

Her eyes filled with tears...

She was so cold.

Hernrr what h mm the she f weeee