Chapter 17: Rescue Part 2: Her Side

Start from the beginning

"Angelica!" Debito yells, running to the black-haired girl. His arms immediately embraced her tightly with a surprised look on her face.

"De-Debito. . ."

"I won't have anyone lay a finger on you! No one!" He angrily yells, squeezing her more tightly. Angelica smiles, and slowly placed her arms around the man.

"Thank you for your kindness. . . But I'd like to have a word with Papa and Mama. . . And if possible. . with the rest of you as well." She says, letting go of the man and the other men immediately started to treat her wounds.

********

After returning to the mansion, Angelica found herself surprised to be welcomed with open arms though she's fully aware that they knew more than a mere fragment of her life now. They knew the filthiest part of her life now. The Arcana Famiglia were not aware that she was aware, but they did have a feeling that she would assume that they did. Felicita knew exactly what Angelica had meant earlier that evening, but she thought it was best to keep quiet at the moment. Glancing at her companions' faces, she saw tension and anxiety. Everyone was eager to know what the girl had to say, yet they dreaded it as well. Tempted to read Angelica's mind, the red-head shook her head to push away the idea. She's been told several times to use her Arcana ability only on necessary circumstances. The temptation to do otherwise was always there.

The division heads were all there, including the lieutenants (except for Liberta and Nova who were still unconscious). They were at the meeting room to listen and discuss what Angelica had to say. Well, they wanted to hear Angelica's side of her story. As for Ronaldo, the Arcana Famiglia had him let go as a reward for the information and cooperation. 

"I'm glad that you're fine, Angelica." Monfo starts since he is the head.

The woman nods, "Thanks for the rescue."

The others with her grinned in embarrassment, "It was actually otherwise. You saved us." Said Felicita.

"True." Agreed Debito, smirking.

"You were amazing back there!" Cried Luca. But much to their surprise, Angelica did not smile.

"If you didn't arrive, I would not have even tried to lay a finger on them." The girl remarks with a grim look.

"Eh? Why wouldn't you have?!"

She sighs, "Why fight for your life when it will only cause everything. . . and everyone around me to just fade away." Says Angelica.

"What? What do you mean?" Asks Dante.

She shook her head, "Never mind. I assume that Ronaldo told you everything. That's why you were able to find me."

"True. Yes, he did." Sumire replies calmly.

"But we'd like to hear your side of the story," Mondo interjects, "It's your story after all not his." He adds.

"I guess. There's no use hiding that now—" she starts.

"Now?" Thought a confused Felicita.

"—I'll begin at the time I met Bernardo."

"Please do." Says Mondo, resting his chin on the back of his hands.

"I was sold to him by my previous master, because I refused to submit to him. I was sold through bidding." Angelica confeases, causing her companions' eyes widen at this.

"What?!"

"It was quite long. The bids just kept piling up, and I won't even explain the details," Angelica sighs, "Anyway Bernardo became the highest bidder and so got me like I'm some kind of object to obtain. . ."