Chapter 6

Bakugou's POV:

I wake up to my head aching in pain. I slowly open my eyes and let them adjust to the light.

When my eyes finally adjust I look around. Where the hell am I? My brain takes a couple seconds to process what Im seeing. My head turns and I see a little bit of green. Deku?! Why the fuck is he here?!

I'm.. I'm in the nurses office? What the hell happened? I look at Deku as he's sound asleep. I probably shouldn't wake him, I cause enough trouble already. I move to sit up and a wave of pain immediately hits me in the head. What the hell? What happened?! I try strain my memory for an answer but nothing comes up and all I can really focus on is the pain in my head. I look back over to Deku who's still fast asleep. I wish I had never said those things to him. What did he ever do to me? Why was- why am I so cruel to him?

I feel tears threatening to fall out and I struggle to hold them back. No. I won't cry here, not in front of Deku. Damn it! Why am I so weak?! I grit my teeth and let my head fall back onto the pillow as I ignore the throbbing in my head.

"Kacchan..?" I hear Deku say in a tired voice. I look over to see him yawning and rubbing his eyes.

"Why am I here Deku?" I ask looking away. He immediately stiffens but then relaxes quickly. "Well, um.." He stutters with his gaze on the floor. "What?!" I yell voice straining, I flinched a little at how loud I was and remembered I was trying to be nicer but talked before I could even think about it.

"You..you passed out after you hit the tree.." He said quietly. Then the memory hit me of our training yesterday. Right. I had lost purposely to Deku so he would win. I probably deserve to pass out. Wait, what's wrong with the nerd? Why's he looking at me like that?! "Kacchan...why'd you do it..?" I could see small tears forming in his eyes. Do what? What'd I do?! Did I accidentally hit him to hard with my explosions?! I knew I shouldn't have attacked at all! Calm down, calm down.

"Do what?!" I sit up once again ignoring ur pain in my head. Deku looked away and pointed at something. Suddenly my gaze lands onto my arms where he was pointing. All the cuts were mostly healed and weren't bandaged. Shit! He saw them?! First shitty hair now Deku too?! I open my mouth then close it again. I don't have anything to say. I feel angry but not at him. It's towards myself. How could I let this happen?! What's wrong with me! I'm so weak and useless, I can't even keep something like this away from people!

"No reason." I say simply, hiding my arms under the blanket. "Kacchan I know that's not true! Stop hiding things from me just tell me what's wrong!" He shouts, grip on his pants getting tighter. "Your not eating, your not acting like yourself, you have no energy, and now this! Please...just let me help you.." My eyes widen. How does he know I don't eat? And I thought I wasn't acting that differently. Damn it! I look away to hide the tears rolling down my face. I don't want him to see me so weak and vulnerable.

"Kacchan-" "Why do you care Deku?! Why do you still care about me?! Why can you so easily forgive someone after they tell you to kill yourself!? I'm a bad person! I'm horrible and useless! I'm good for nothing!? I don't deserve to eat, I deserve pain, I deserve these cuts!" I yell at him as tears flow down my cheeks. "Why do you think everybody calls me a monster? Even round cheeks can see that! Everyone agrees with her. Nobody actually cares about me so quit the act Deku."

"I care because I love you! Your amazing Kacchan! I look up to you in every way!! Yes, you have said some mean things but your changing aren't you?!" My eyes widen, "We all care about you Kacchan! We aren't acting! I care. I care about you and I feel so stupid for not noticing how you've been hurting! I should have noticed and helped you!" He cried.

I don't say anything. I don't know what to say. Can he really be telling the truth? Does he really care? Do they all really care about me? I cant hold back the tears and I don't try to.

"So please..let me help you.." Deku says quietly. I finally meet his gaze. "I'm sorry." I whisper. "Kacchan dont apologize. You don't need to." He says wiping his own tears.

I'm not apologizing for what I did.

I'm apologizing for what I'm doing to do. But he doesn't need to know that yet.

Right?

—————————————————————
Sorry for the short chapter! I think I'll be updating twice today!