In my entire life, I've only had two actual kisses. The first was a desperate attempt to help someone who did not deserve it, and the second was a tactic to retaliate against the first person. Neither should have happened, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the one with the person who crushed me with a few terrible but truthful words.

We get downtown and hear the music blaring from the teens club across the street. They won't be serving any liquor tonight, so my parents let us go. We may be wealthy and entitled, as Macy describes us, but our parents can still be strict when it comes to our safety. It appears her guardians are a lot laxer in that parenting area, and I still don't know who he is, but all he seems to do is aid her addiction.

***

Gina and I had a great time at the party, as usual. She ended up ditching me the entire night in order to pursue her crush on a cheerleader. I tried to warn her, but she was unconcerned. The girl's name was Amber, and Gina said the girl was extremely into her and hadn't slept with anyone for the past two months to show how much she cared about my best friend. I'm not sure if I should believe Amber, but all I know is that I don't want Gi to have her heartbroken. They left me at the club about 5 minutes ago to spend the night at Amber's house.

At two in the morning, I walk downtown to my car alone. Keeping an eye on my surroundings, I clutch my key between the fingers of one hand and a bottle of pepper spray in the other. I'm on my way to my car when I hear groaning and someone struggling in a pitch-black passageway between two buildings. I see a silhouette of someone hunched over next to a large dumpster while three people continually kick the living daylight out of them.

"Hey!" I scream, unsure of what came over me. "Get away from them! Before I call the police!" Actually, I would call my dad and uncle Roger, but these punks don't need to know that.

"Oh shoot!" I hear one say, and they all stumble over their feet, attempting to flee. I aim my pepper spray at them until they are completely out of sight. The low sound of groans is heard from the person on the ground by the mound of trash, and I rush over to help them.

As I kneel down to match their height, my breathing halts when I recognize who it is. A faint smile forms on her bloody lips. "He-hey Pi-pillow Princess, here to re-rescue me?" Her words are slurred, and she can barely keep her eyes open.

"What the hell is going on Macy!" She attempts to wave me off, but her arm just falls back down to her side.

"Do- Don't worry about it." As she tries to shift her position she winces in pain. "Just some dude mad that I fucked his girlfriend. His pussy ass brought his friends along to help jump me. Heyyyy it's not my fault she cheated." I furrow my brows and shake my head, grabbing her chin to pull her closer. I examine the damage to her face and notice a small cut on her eye and cheek. I'm assuming she took most of the blows to the stomach in the end. She continues to have this goofy smile on her face like she's on cloud nine that I was the person that found her.

I roll my eyes, lifting her chin to me. "Are you high right now?" Her smile drops at my question, and she pulls away to spit the blood out of her mouth. She doesn't answer me, but I can tell she is. I sigh and stand up, towering over her as she sits against the brick wall below me.

"Are you dressed as an angel? Awww... my own personal angel. Wait... why are you dressed up? What day is it?"

"October 31st. Halloween. Well, it's actually the morning after now!"

"Damn... it's October 32nd already? Where have I been?" She looks around the darkness as if searching for something. Maybe she's looking for the damn day she fell off the rocking horse because she is definitely high.